PDA

View Full Version : perch fishing around edmonton

HuyFishin
05-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Hi i'm newer to this forum, i've never been perch fishing around edmonton, i was wondering if anyone knew any good lakes to try out, i have an aluminum boat to use, so any lake with large amounts of perch would be great, distance about up to 100km away.

if u have any fishing tips for perch, that would be very useful, please feel free to share :)
much appreciated
thank you

Vega21
05-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Garlic Shrimp

FishingFrenzy
05-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Mink, Hasse, Spring, Wabuman (Lots of small ones seen on the FishTV this winter..) Morinville pond. LOTS of lakes around Edmonton have experienced at least some winterkill. Perch fishing might not be very good for a while..You could try some trout lakes like Sauer or Chikakoo(sp?) for small, recently stocked trout.

Sundancefisher
05-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Cardiff

Check the regs to see which ones you can keep perch in and which ones you can not.

alodar
05-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Nordeg pond right off the yellow head east bound

Jwood 456
05-19-2011, 07:23 PM
As for techniques and lures to catch the perch. Just use a tiny perch jig tipped with maggots and suspend it off of a bobber. The perch seem to usually be in the weeds in the summer.

Another great technique IMO would be to get a fly rod and try a small leach fly or a fly that matches the flys on the surface. I have seen many perch feed on flys at the surface at a fair number of perch lakes.