PDA

View Full Version : Fly Fishing Spots

Crossfire
05-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Hello i am wondering if anyone can help me find some spots to go fly fishing i live in camrose and am wondering what places i can go within an hour or so to catch trout i dont care what kind i just like to fish and would like to try some new spots for some descent fish i dont mind if it is c&r because i do not keep fish so any imput is appreciated thanks all help is appreciated

uplander
05-19-2011, 06:38 PM
to get into any trout in a river your gonna have to drive a few more hours for them.

Daceminnow
05-19-2011, 06:39 PM
Hello i am wondering if anyone can help me find some spots to go fly fishing i live in camrose and am wondering what places i can go within an hour or so to catch trout i dont care what kind i just like to fish and would like to try some new spots for some descent fish i dont mind if it is c&r because i do not keep fish so any imput is appreciated thanks all help is appreciated

Black Nugget pond/lake is straight north of you, just east of Tofield. as far as I know it's still stocked with rainbows annually. it held some nice fish years ago, but I haven't been out there for quite sometime. i'm sure others could comment about more recent ventures.

Dace

Dust1n
05-19-2011, 08:29 PM
neilama resivawor just outside of sylvan lake north.
lots of small bows and easy to fool but the odd couple pounder.

odoyle
05-20-2011, 12:26 AM
There's a pond about 5 or 10kms east of Camrose on Hwy 13. Turn south at the radio tower, a quick left and follow it just passed the propane site and take a left.

Pretty sure it's stocked with rainbows. Have never fishing it, but it'll be the closest to town.

DaveFish
05-20-2011, 01:45 AM
There's a pond about 5 or 10kms east of Camrose on Hwy 13. Turn south at the radio tower, a quick left and follow it just passed the propane site and take a left.

Pretty sure it's stocked with rainbows. Have never fishing it, but it'll be the closest to town.

Fished there quite abit when I lived in Camrose(06/07/08) and it was a pretty sweet little pond, mostly little trout, but caught bigger(14, 15, 16inches) every little while.