PDA

View Full Version : Rapala

gprime27
05-20-2011, 08:06 AM
I'm in BC guys, can't use more than one hook on a lure and it can't be trebled. I'm sure this has been asked before but, how can I modify my raps to be able to use them here. I got apex's and streamers etc but I want to try a rainbow rap

FishingFrenzy
05-20-2011, 08:21 AM
I'd imagine your only option would be to take off the front treble and replace the back one with a single hook. This will effect the action but i dont see any other options..
I guess you could take off the back treble and replace the front one but it would depend where the fish are hitting it..

hope that helps

gprime27
05-20-2011, 08:25 AM
would it count if I snipped off the treble, left the shaft and replaced the back hook thus keeping it balanced? maybe a small piece of line to keep the single hook

tacklerunner
05-20-2011, 08:31 AM
would it count if I snipped off the treble, left the shaft and replaced the back hook thus keeping it balanced? maybe a small piece of line to keep the single hook

Yep, that's perfectly legal. On lures with only one treble it's not uncommon to snip off 2 shanks and leave only one.

You should definitely leave the back hook as your hook vs. the front. Also, you should be able to attach your single hook to the rap with a split ring.

Dust1n
05-20-2011, 04:48 PM
take off all hooks and replae with a single circle hook at the back wheer trout bite haha

RapStaff
05-21-2011, 08:48 AM
Open eye siwash ( think that's how its spelled) are made to replace the trebles.

Just cut off the treb , slide on a single and crimp the eye shut.
Very easy.