PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon Lake ... no posts for a while

anorthernhunter
05-20-2011, 08:25 AM
I am heading out to Pigeon tomorrow (Sat) to slay a few Walleye (then toss them back :).

Anyone else going out?

Hows the water level looking?

Northern.

0liver
05-20-2011, 09:43 AM
its looking to be better then some of the past years! gonna be trollin some spoons over by seagull island hope 2 slam a big momma pike c u around m8!

Crossfire
05-20-2011, 12:30 PM
possibly heading to pigeon sunday let me know how you do

dragon
05-20-2011, 11:44 PM
At pigeon all weekend. Gotta put the dock in first then gunaa get the boys out fishing. Gunna try theaqua view for the first time on open water!

anorthernhunter
05-22-2011, 09:37 AM
Was at Pigeon Saturday. Fishing was slow in the AM ... around 1:00 caught
3 walleye at the PP. Not alot of fish being caught ... the 3 we caught were pretty big ... biggest about 5 lbs.

Lake is pretty high.

Beautiful day.

Northern

bigfishen
05-22-2011, 11:05 AM
I was there around 11:00 and stayed till about 5 or so and not so much as a bite. although there where lots of fish jumping around the boat though.

Jwood 456
05-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Was at Pigeon Saturday. Fishing was slow in the AM ... around 1:00 caught
3 walleye at the PP. Not alot of fish being caught ... the 3 we caught were pretty big ... biggest about 5 lbs.

Lake is pretty high.

Beautiful day.

Northern

Theres a mid lake hump in that lake that may be a gem for walleye fishing. The hump is located just south east of the south end of poplar bay. Also its great news to hear that the lake levels have gone up again. Perhaps pigeon is turning back into a quality and not high quantity fishery again as well.

Jwood 456
05-22-2011, 11:23 AM
I was there around 11:00 and stayed till about 5 or so and not so much as a bite. although there where lots of fish jumping around the boat though.

Those were probably white fish jumping.

ben2012
05-22-2011, 04:22 PM
i was there on saturday i was there around 6 am and caught about 40 in a couple of hours.

FishFreak93
05-23-2011, 09:09 AM
Was out there saturday morning, Launched around 7:30am, And loaded up around 4pm. Throughout the day, Between me and Smasher, we landed 27 walleye and 1 pike (He had 11, I had 17) :( By FAR the slowest day we ever did at Pigeon. There was about a 45 minute period around 2:30 where I landed 8 within 25mins,And the boats around were landing em fairly good too. Catch of the day was Smasher's 4-5 pound wally. Fish seem a bit bigger out there this year, And idk if its where the water temp is low,Or its early in the season, But MAN are they fighting hard!

Also, We reeled in a few that had humps on their backs? Starting around the gills back to around the top fin. Never seen it before.:thinking-006:

I really don't understand WHY they weren't biting. At 1 point I actually watched a walleye swim to the surface and grab a piece of loose minnow!
Was alot of jumpers around too. Mostly pike and walleye (Yes, I'm sure they were walleye,I saw a couple real close) and a scattered white.
Did find however, That anytime I swapped jigs I'd get a few quick bites and then things would slack off again.:angry3:

burbotman14
05-24-2011, 06:37 PM
Theres a mid lake hump in that lake that may be a gem for walleye fishing. The hump is located just south east of the south end of poplar bay. Also its great news to hear that the lake levels have gone up again. Perhaps pigeon is turning back into a quality and not high quantity fishery again as well.

Just wait until mid-late June and then it will pick up drastically. It is usually slower this time of year because many of the walleye are in shallow and spread out. By the end of June they usually congregate at a handful of well known spots around the lake, and this is where everyone catches 60-120 in a day. It may also be a little slower than usual because the water clarity is poor for this time of year. Also prime walleye water temperature is around 68-70 degrees and it was about 59-62 on Saturday and Sunday.

Dust1n
05-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Those were probably white fish jumping.

alot of things eat of the surface like eyes and those small .5lb pikes

Fishfinder
05-24-2011, 08:51 PM
Was out there saturday morning, Launched around 7:30am, And loaded up around 4pm. Throughout the day, Between me and Smasher, we landed 27 walleye and 1 pike (He had 11, I had 17) :( By FAR the slowest day we ever did at Pigeon. There was about a 45 minute period around 2:30 where I landed 8 within 25mins,And the boats around were landing em fairly good too. Catch of the day was Smasher's 4-5 pound wally. Fish seem a bit bigger out there this year, And idk if its where the water temp is low,Or its early in the season, But MAN are they fighting hard!

Also, We reeled in a few that had humps on their backs? Starting around the gills back to around the top fin. Never seen it before.:thinking-006:

I really don't understand WHY they weren't biting. At 1 point I actually watched a walleye swim to the surface and grab a piece of loose minnow!
Was alot of jumpers around too. Mostly pike and walleye (Yes, I'm sure they were walleye,I saw a couple real close) and a scattered white.
Did find however, That anytime I swapped jigs I'd get a few quick bites and then things would slack off again.:angry3:

Good update:)
Hmmm, so 28 fish including a nice 5# walter out on the lake with a buddy is a bad day? What is normal then......112 fish, a 15# walter and a few 20#+ pike?? If so, I'm packing my bags now! Hehe, just kidding.:)
Maybe the fishies are eating each other...whole...hence the humpbacks? Kidding again:)

One last thing, I can't quite make out your words, could you make them bigger and bolder for me:sHa_sarcasticlol:...Again, just kidding.
Cheers n GL....keep us posted!