PDA

View Full Version : BIG RAINBOWS in McGregor Today

jacenbeers
05-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Anybody else catch lotsa rainbows today? The bite was one. I caught a bunch and brought one nice on home for a barbecue I am heading to?

pikester
05-21-2011, 08:14 PM
I new there were some in there but didn't know there were enough to actually target, interesting! Were you by the spillway coming in? Saw a fish jump in the north end of Newell today that I swear was a nice rainbow.

jacenbeers
05-21-2011, 09:04 PM
There are tons of them in there. They are pretty easy to target and this time of year is pretty hot. I catch more rainbows in there then I do pike and walleye.

Gust
05-21-2011, 09:15 PM
There are tons of them in there. They are pretty easy to target and this time of year is pretty hot. I catch more rainbows in there then I do pike and walleye.

When I saw the two sucker you caught there I knew it would be a decent Rainbow year. Were they chrome or classic Rainbows? Used to get more classics then chromes.

05-21-2011, 09:29 PM
it was a slow day 2day.....lots of ppl beside me didnt get anything.....

jacenbeers
05-21-2011, 09:48 PM
When I saw the two sucker you caught there I knew it would be a decent Rainbow year. Were they chrome or classic Rainbows? Used to get more classics then chromes.

Very chrome. I caught a really nice on ice fishing near the boat launch last November and these ones were the same color. Definitely more silver than last year.

yada
05-21-2011, 11:18 PM
it was a slow day 2day.....lots of ppl beside me didnt get anything.....

x2 i got zip

WayneChristie
05-22-2011, 12:46 AM
I new there were some in there but didn't know there were enough to actually target, interesting! Were you by the spillway coming in? Saw a fish jump in the north end of Newell today that I swear was a nice rainbow.

lots of trout in Newell, the water comes from the Bow.

lippy
05-23-2011, 09:04 AM
lots of trout in Newell, the water comes from the Bow.
many years ago we used to catch rainbows at Newell..didn't know there were still some coming in.

ronnyboy
05-23-2011, 11:04 AM
I fish newell quite often for the great rainbow fishing in the far morth end of the lake