PDA

View Full Version : Trolling motor help

vcmm
05-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Hey Gang, If I wanted to use only a trolling motor on my 16ft alluminum boat instead of gas motor got any suggestions. I want extra thrust battery, power etc.
Thanks in advance.
vcmm

ronnyboy
05-23-2011, 09:45 AM
I have a 14 foot aluminum and just this year upgraded from a Duramax 32lb thrust motor,to a Minn Kota 50lb thrust..........I love it !!! lots of power to get me off the lake if the wind picks up.I use a deep cycle marine battery,and can get up to 15 hours of fishing before having to recharge the battery

lippy
05-23-2011, 10:03 AM
Hey Gang, If I wanted to use only a trolling motor on my 16ft alluminum boat instead of gas motor got any suggestions. I want extra thrust battery, power etc.
Thanks in advance.
vcmm

There is a ton of info.. on the forum. Search "electric motors" and you will find all the info.. that you need and then some..!

vcmm
05-23-2011, 07:04 PM
ronnyboy, Where did you find the best deal on your Minn Kota?

Rick.
05-23-2011, 09:24 PM
IMO a 16 foot boat is made for a gas motor. I don't think you would be all that happy with only an electric motor. I think electric motors are great just not that good for trolling all day and certainly not good for moving around a lake if your in any kind of a hurry. Either way, hope you have fun. Rick.