PDA

View Full Version : Gap Lake

WickedNRed
05-21-2011, 11:06 PM
Hello All,

I'm new to this fourm...looking to catch something! The Bow has been nothing more than a lure thief this season. I'm taking my daughter to Gap Lake tomorrow...any tips?

I've told her how well her Mom can fish and I'm starting to look bad LOL! Any tips would be great...I don't drive..live in Calgary but am catching a ride tomorrow.

Happy Fishing

WickedNRed
05-22-2011, 12:07 AM
lots of views no replies...booooo!

Needing a good tip on where to fish tomorrow close to Calgary PLZZZZ!

finsnfeathers
05-22-2011, 12:39 AM
There was a post on here in the last couple of days about a pond at spruce meadows, down off the hwy 22 south of calgary. It's a catch and release only pond, but sounds like it holds some nice fish and they're biting. Hope this helps...good luck!

WayneChristie
05-22-2011, 12:44 AM
what area of Calgary are you in?

RedHeadedFisherman
05-22-2011, 12:57 AM
Hi, and welcome to the forum, go north to ardrie a little pond called Dwitts Pond (google it) its not to bad.. good for kids..

south (withing 1.5 hrs) from calgary center is Pine Coolie Res. its a kids fishing paradice. just go out on the dock and set your line with a small black or pink or chartuse jig tips with a 1/4 inch piece of smelt( can get smelts at wallmart some safeways, ect ect)

and watch the action ( bringing a folding chair works well.

see my tag line for directions on how to get there

Thanks nice to see another REDHEAD here lol
RHF

icefever
05-22-2011, 08:03 AM
Welcome to the forum, Gap is not an easy fish possibly try the pond before Gap it is stocked or maybe head down to sibbald ponds might have a little better luck.

jts1
05-22-2011, 08:04 AM
I would not recomend Gap Lake. It can be hard to fish and the is limited to spots to fish from shore. Grotto is just before gap on the other side of the road and it holds pan sized trout and they are easy to catch. There is a few other spots out that way. Send me a Pm if I can help out with more information.

Dust1n
05-22-2011, 09:14 PM
I would not recomend Gap Lake. It can be hard to fish and the is limited to spots to fish from shore. Grotto is just before gap on the other side of the road and it holds pan sized trout and they are easy to catch. There is a few other spots out that way. Send me a Pm if I can help out with more information.

lots of people at groto with no luck...try and go to a local pond in calgary theres lots and easy to catch

WickedNRed
05-22-2011, 10:14 PM
Thanks all went to Sibbald lake (spell?) No fish but a great time trying..heading out tomorrow. .

FishingFrenzy
05-22-2011, 10:17 PM
Thanks all went to Sibbald lake (spell?) No fish but a great time trying..heading out tomorrow. .

What are you using for lures? Trout can be fincky and you sometimes need some special lures.. :)

WickedNRed
05-22-2011, 11:19 PM
I tried a little of everything..spoons..raps..flies..everything but live bait, I'm still unsure on where I can use it..I'm use to fishing in BC where you hit a lake with a worm or some cheese and you are golden!

I'm going to Mclean Pond tomorrow...I'm just trying all the little spots I hear about I'm a 10 min walk from the Bow so that is where I tend to fish..

Cheers