PDA

View Full Version : P'od pike

WayneChristie
05-22-2011, 12:43 AM
had the pontoons out for the maiden voyage this year, I managed to land 13 pike.this was about a 20 % hookup rate, and a lot of those were on the outside of the mouth, seems most strikes were reaction, not feeding hits. dont know if it was the weather or spawning still going on in this lake, but still fun anyways. light showers wind and waves part of the day, calm and a bit of sunshine off and on which was when most of the fish were active.

Fishfinder
05-22-2011, 06:23 PM
had the pontoons out for the maiden voyage this year, I managed to land 13 pike.this was about a 20 % hookup rate, and a lot of those were on the outside of the mouth, seems most strikes were reaction, not feeding hits. dont know if it was the weather or spawning still going on in this lake, but still fun anyways. light showers wind and waves part of the day, calm and a bit of sunshine off and on which was when most of the fish were active.

What lake were u fishing? What were u using? How long of a drive would it take me to get there? How deep were u fishiing? Where on lake were u fishing? What color of socks were u wearing? When we going sturg wrangling bud? I brought in a 55.5" yesterday - my 2nd personal best:sHa_shakeshout:

ice
05-22-2011, 06:46 PM
What kind of lucky charms where you using, were you using yarn, or string as a leader, were you using plastic or paper for bait, did the pike frown at you? how did that make you feel? Do you think there's anything that could of made them happy, Did you offer them cookies?

WayneChristie
05-22-2011, 06:48 PM
depending on the weather tomorrow Im going back to the same lake, if its raining I may hit the back of the forks, or somewhere else to try for a sturg. wife has to work so I will have 2 pontoons if you want to head this way. lake is only about an hour from the Hat, red and white spoons, except they stripped all the paint off them, and I wasnt wearing any socks :sHa_sarcasticlol:

BGSH
05-22-2011, 06:50 PM
wayne, use a black jigg, 2-3 inches, let it sink to the bottom reel in slowly

WayneChristie
05-22-2011, 06:55 PM
wayne, use a black jigg, 2-3 inches, let it sink to the bottom reel in slowly

I gave them a shot of everything , only thing they were interested in was the spoons, pretty much the usual thing for this lake, I fish it a lot and its usually the same thing til the weeds are high, then they like the topwaters.

BGSH
05-22-2011, 07:02 PM
if its wabamun, you have to use black jiggs, and other lakes use zebra color jiggs :), i never really use crocs that much, sounds like you still had fun though.

WayneChristie
05-22-2011, 07:04 PM
its a long way from Wab, just a small lake in the middle of nowhere, the original lake X :sHa_shakeshout:

Fishfinder
05-22-2011, 07:36 PM
depending on the weather tomorrow Im going back to the same lake, if its raining I may hit the back of the forks, or somewhere else to try for a sturg. wife has to work so I will have 2 pontoons if you want to head this way. lake is only about an hour from the Hat, red and white spoons, except they stripped all the paint off them, and I wasnt wearing any socks :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Wish I could but will be giving pops a hand all day. Good luck, go find that 20#er! Haven't gotten out on any watercraft yet this year unfortunately, soon though.
Socks are overrated:)

ice - :lol::lol::lol:I nearly peesed myself i laughed so hard reading that!