PDA

View Full Version : Bullshead Reservoir

strungout
05-22-2011, 05:18 PM
anyone been having much luck here lately? drove by and seen lots of vehicles today...

Fishfinder
05-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Have not been out recently myself but I have been hearing it's been quite slow. First few weeks of season in April were decent but haven't heard of anyone having any "killer" days out there in awhile.
Good luck, let us know how u make out, if u go:)

32-40win
05-23-2011, 08:26 AM
One of the guys at work was down there, a couple of weeks ago, said he saw a lot of dead fish.

ronnyboy
05-23-2011, 08:33 AM
I have caught a couple nice ones 55cm+ this spring,but overall it is very slow.The dead fish everyone is seeing are the ones they stocked on May 7th.Talking to fish and wildlife workers that stocked the 11,000 trout into the lake ,said they expect a certain percentage of fish to die.

ronnyboy
05-23-2011, 08:37 AM
this time last year I was having some 10-20 fish in the boat days(of course every fish gets released)give it another week or two and things will pick up

DanaS
07-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Any update on Bullshead Reservior since May? A buddy and I are thinking of heading out next month.

Shawnlh
07-14-2011, 02:36 PM
I've been out a few times in the last couple weeks, I was there this morning as well, and it is fairly slow. I only managed 2 12''ers in about 4 hours. The lake is now also full of the little green short hair looking stuff?!?! I don't know if it's algae or not, or what it's actually called, but my line is all green now.

Pudelpointer
07-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Save your money and time.

Not sure what the problem is, but there is definitely a problem!

Lake may have winter killed some when it turned over, poaching? All I know is the lake is full of 10-12" stocked trout now.

Last month we went for the day - lots of little guys and 2 decent fish. Last week fished for 7 hours in the evening and only caught and saw the little guys (>30 of them). We went despite the fact people were talking on here about it being really poor (though maybe people were telling lies to reduce the pressure on the lake - but unfortunately they were telling the truth).

There should be a few larger fish around, but I could not find them. Next year will be okay with a fair number of 16-18's, but it will be a couple years at least until we start seeing fishing like the last few years.