PDA

View Full Version : Pcr

Mish@
05-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Anyone been there yet? Might head down there tomorrow. just wondering how it is. Thanks

jeprli
05-22-2011, 09:51 PM
Was there on opening day, they're active. Had a blast with a fly rod, zonkers in green and yellow produced really well. They're close to shore!

Mish@
05-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Thank you for the update. I will head down tomorrow. :sHa_shakeshout:

fishnhound
05-22-2011, 11:10 PM
When using the zonkers are you on a sinking line.Never went after eyes with my fly rod.Not sure of best approach.Thanks

Mish@
05-22-2011, 11:42 PM
I have some sick flies for eyes and there they will stay in probably 6 to 4 feet of water. By using a zonker or a heavy streamer with a couple of splitshots above im sure you cna get them down there. :) but I wanna try to catch a decent pike outta there. Last summer I had a 20 pounder steal my walleye so...i will be throwing size 14 jerks in there as well as big spoons. May be size 5 mepps spinners

jeprli
05-23-2011, 07:35 AM
I used floating line with a 12ft mono leader. Small conehead zonker on a size 4 hook. Sink tip line would probably get the fly down faster, with a floating line you can really slow things down. Nice headshakes from little guys. Next trip gonna try crawling valley for bigger eyes.

Mish@
05-23-2011, 09:35 AM
I used floating line with a 12ft mono leader. Small conehead zonker on a size 4 hook. Sink tip line would probably get the fly down faster, with a floating line you can really slow things down. Nice headshakes from little guys. Next trip gonna try crawling valley for bigger eyes.

Very good idea. CVR doesnt get too deep. :)