PDA

View Full Version : Bucket Brigade Stikes Again

ghostguy6
05-22-2011, 11:32 PM
All I can say is I hope SRD has enough to lay charges. :angry3: Too bad I cant post the unedited photos publically.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/attachment.php?attachmentid=35750&stc=1&d=1306128483

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/attachment.php?attachmentid=35751&stc=1&d=1306128496

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/attachment.php?attachmentid=35752&d=1306128516

Lefty-Canuck
05-22-2011, 11:33 PM
Im confused...was he releasing fish? and if so did you ask him what kind? or was he just collecting water?

Lefty

BGSH
05-22-2011, 11:34 PM
Dont tell me this guy is realeasing some kind of chemical or fish into those waters?

rielbowhunter
05-22-2011, 11:35 PM
sorry! whats wrong here?

Bfishin
05-22-2011, 11:35 PM
Please excuse my ignorance but what is this individual up to that is no good??
Cheers

Crossfire
05-22-2011, 11:42 PM
I dont know how they could convict anyone of sticking a bucket in the water maybe im just lost on what happened here but i see no evidence that he is planting or removing fish i see a man dipping a bucket in the lake from the information you can not call this a relocation(bucket brigade)

BGSH
05-22-2011, 11:47 PM
it is odd though, but i dont know what we are looking at unless you have anymore information,any proof of any wrong doing the guy doesnt seem to be doing anything wrong

ghostguy6
05-22-2011, 11:49 PM
I really didnt think I needed any more of an explanation than the title, he is releasing fish from different waters into that lake.

Jack&7
05-22-2011, 11:52 PM
I think the point that everyone is getting at is that the pictures and the title you placed them under are implying that this person is relocating fish. What the pictures are showing is a person sticking a bucket in some water.

Point being if that is all you have for evidence...it would be an easy case to beat.

Lefty-Canuck
05-22-2011, 11:53 PM
Fair enough, just was confused that there wasn't a bit more info with your original post.

If you saw him bring in full buckets and leave with empty ones then yes that is cause for concern. Being so close did you engage and ask some "dumb questions" to see what was up?

To me the picture succession make it look like he is filling a bucket....second pic shows him pushing it down as to fill it?

The guy has got to be an idiot for releasing fish with someone so close by....

Lefty

Jack&7
05-22-2011, 11:55 PM
However...if you had video showing a guy taking a bucket full of fish from his car...and you could actually SEE the fish being emptied into the water, it would be a different story.

Unfortunately, you need to have some very clear evidence to make a charge stick.

I am no legal expert or SRD official...it's just the way I see it.

BGSH
05-23-2011, 12:29 AM
if he was releasing fish i would imagine that is a huge charge, hope he gets busted.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-23-2011, 01:32 AM
I knew this would happen . :lol: not worth posting anything like this on this forum anymore is there . Just to be torn apart by the experts .

I think Ghostguy has many more pictures hes showing what the guy was doing JUST HASNT POSTED THEM FOLKS.

And ill leave it at that as I now know ill be standing up for whats right when the people of AO know its the right thing to do . :rolleye2::rolleye2::rolleye2::rolleye2::rolleye2: :rolleye2:

flygirrl
05-23-2011, 07:04 AM
Sorry, I have to disagree with this one, I also see a man dipping a bucket in the water , maybe to put out a small fire that was started. (yes I know there is a fire ban, maybe started by his ciggarette butt) I dont know. If I had to judge this on pictures alone than he is not guilty of anything but dipping a bucket. There is no other information here to make me think otherwise. I guess what bothers me most is the posting of these pictures with really no proof of anything. What happened to innocent until proven guilty. That is where SRD comes in. If the poster has proof of something going on and its proven than go ahead and post the pics with an explination, not before.

Willowtrail
05-23-2011, 08:46 AM
Good for you to call it in ghostguy. I hope you were a ghost takimg these pics and he didn't see you.

Hope he gets busted big time.

What lake was that at anyways?

Smokey
05-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Ill make sure never to fill a bucket outta a lake again, the ghost may be hing in the trees. Hey Ghost, got more evidence there PI. Too funny...

Dust1n
05-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Sorry, I have to disagree with this one, I also see a man dipping a bucket in the water , maybe to put out a small fire that was started. (yes I know there is a fire ban, maybe started by his ciggarette butt) I dont know. If I had to judge this on pictures alone than he is not guilty of anything but dipping a bucket. There is no other information here to make me think otherwise. I guess what bothers me most is the posting of these pictures with really no proof of anything. What happened to innocent until proven guilty. That is where SRD comes in. If the poster has proof of something going on and its proven than go ahead and post the pics with an explination, not before.

yeah well if that lake or something comes up with a population of fish ghost now has proof of the person. and will get charged.

flygirrl
05-23-2011, 10:31 AM
yeah well if that lake or something comes up with a population of fish ghost now has proof of the person. and will get charged.

So if Im seen throwing a rock and a week later a window is found broken, I did it. Sheesh........

I holehardely agree that if someone is putting fish in a lake that should not be there than burn the sob ... These pictures are proof of nothing.

PS: benifit of the doubt, I even put my polorized glasses on and still couldnt see any fish swimming out of the bucket, but I can see the rocks on the bottom:scared0018:

Dust1n
05-23-2011, 10:34 AM
So if Im seen throwing a rock and a week later a window is found broken, I did it. Sheesh........

I holehardely agree that if someone is putting fish in a lake that should not be there than burn the sob ... These pictures are proof of nothing.

yeah they dont show the fish in te bucket or fish jumping out. im just saying thats the closesed thing to perfect if they find a new species in there.

FishingMOM
05-23-2011, 10:40 AM
I really didnt think I needed any more of an explanation than the title, he is releasing fish from different waters into that lake.

Well good on you for taking notice.
I sure hopethis gets dealt with in a manner fitting for the crime committed.
Did you happen to see what he was releasing?

flygirrl
05-23-2011, 10:42 AM
Fortunatly or unfortunatly for every situation we can read into it what we want to. That is human, it just bothers me that pictures are posted that means nothing. If these same pictures were posted and some one said he was putting out a small fire than we would all aplaude. Its all in the perception.

Dust1n
05-23-2011, 10:43 AM
Fortunatly or unfortunatly for every situation we can read into it what we want to. That is human, it just bothers me that pictures are posted that means nothing. If these same pictures were posted and some one said he was putting out a small fire than we would all aplaude. Its all in the perception.

im pretty sure there was a fire ban.

flygirrl
05-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Yup, me too. Thats why its a good thing he was there with the bucket of water to put out the fire started by those quadders that just drove by the lake.:sHa_shakeshout:

Smokey
05-23-2011, 10:53 AM
Funniest thread ever...

Dust1n
05-23-2011, 10:54 AM
Yup, me too. Thats why its a good thing he was there with the bucket of water to put out the fire started by those quadders that just drove by the lake.:sHa_shakeshout:

hmm theres goto be at least 50 explanation why that bucket was in the water

horsetrader
05-23-2011, 10:59 AM
hmm theres goto be at least 50 explanation why that bucket was in the water

I think he just took a pizz in the bucket and was just rinsing it out..............:)

Dust1n
05-23-2011, 11:01 AM
I think he just took a pizz in the bucket and was just rinsing it out..............:)

49 left....

horsetrader
05-23-2011, 11:08 AM
This is the guy you got to watch
http://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a454/horsetrader_photo/bab.jpg

New Hunter Okotoks
05-23-2011, 11:18 AM

Just about fell out of my chair laughing!!!!

billie
05-23-2011, 11:35 AM

And just watch them little buggers reproduce, worse than perch!!!:sHa_sarcasticlol:

flygirrl
05-23-2011, 11:46 AM
:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout: To funny, thanks for the laugh

Alberta Bigbore
05-23-2011, 11:52 AM

wtf?? he's releasing babies into the lake?? Thats child abuse !!!:fighting0030:

finsnfeathers
05-23-2011, 03:13 PM
lol, it seems paranoia runs rampid here. I see little more than a boy playing in water. Those photos don't appear implicating at all IMO. C'mon folks, are we gonna form a lynch mob over a kid and a bucket in the water? By looking at the size of his arms and legs, how much ambition would it have taken to say, hey kid, what's in the bucket...BEFORE you grab for a camera. If there WERE fish in the bucket, would you sit back and photo while he's dumping them in??? WHY?? Would you be afraid to confront this monster of muscle? lol I think a bucket brigader would simply stand on shore and toss away, rather than go wading.

Redfrog
05-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Well he's an old bald guy, not a kid and he's likely the reason the NSR is drying up. Wonder what he's doing with the water?:thinking-006:

horsetrader
05-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Well he's an old bald guy, not a kid and he's likely the reason the NSR is drying up. Wonder what he's doing with the water?:thinking-006:

NOW THAT"S FUNNY ....got to change my pants now.......:sHa_shakeshout:

FishingFrenzy
05-23-2011, 04:11 PM
All I can say guys is WOW. Im 99% sure that Ghostguy isn't a r'tard. Why would he have taken the pics let alone posted them if the guy wasn't obviously doing something wrong. My guess is what was going on is hard to capture with pictures.. am i right??
Seriously, the guy could be filling a bucket OR he could be releasing perch from said bucket.. Ask Sundance...perch aren't fun.

But here you all are, jumping on this guy because his pictures maybe don't quite capture the entire story. :argue2:

All i can say is kudos to you Ghostguy, its people like you that help protect and maintain our fisheries.

As to MOST everyone else.. WOW. Connect the dots.

duffy4
05-23-2011, 04:22 PM

I don't see anyone "jumping on you" and I am not ether.

What are some more details you can give us? Did you see fish? Did you know that those fish came from another lake? Did you report the situation to SRD with some evidence and are they laying charges?

I am not doubting you, just would like some more details on this interesting situation.

Lefty-Canuck
05-23-2011, 04:32 PM

What are some more details you can give us? Did you see fish? Did you know that those fish came from another lake? Did you report the situation to SRD with some evidence and are they laying charges?

I am not doubting you, just would like some more details on this interesting situation.

^^^^^
X2

This is what I was getting at with my post.

Lefty

Dust1n
05-23-2011, 04:38 PM
All I can say guys is WOW. Im 99% sure that Ghostguy isn't a r'tard. Why would he have taken the pics let alone posted them if the guy wasn't obviously doing something wrong. My guess is what was going on is hard to capture with pictures.. am i right??
Seriously, the guy could be filling a bucket OR he could be releasing perch from said bucket.. Ask Sundance...perch aren't fun.

But here you all are, jumping on this guy because his pictures maybe don't quite capture the entire story. :argue2:

All i can say is kudos to you Ghostguy, its people like you that help protect and maintain our fisheries.

As to MOST everyone else.. WOW. Connect the dots.
yup and if there is a new spiecies ghost will be in the good books for taking the pics.
i hope its not a place were there was once trout that would sck and how does these people get perch?

horsetrader
05-23-2011, 05:19 PM
im pretty sure there was a fire ban.

So your saying the guy won't break the law and have a fire but he will break the law and transfer fish.

ÜberFly
05-23-2011, 05:21 PM
So are you able to provide more information, for example, what kind of fish and what lake?!

Also, did you say anything to him?!

Thanks,

P

WayneChristie
05-23-2011, 05:24 PM

hes bringing the water down here and dumping it in the Bow, it was very high today, so obviously there was a whole crew of them. :angry3:

finsnfeathers
05-23-2011, 05:24 PM

Get Real...if your g/f was about to be raped, and the guy in those photos was the culprit...would you go for the guy....or the camera?? I know how the ghost answered...how bout the rest of you? Go ahead...pin a medal on him. Pathetic!

Dust1n
05-23-2011, 05:27 PM
So your saying the guy won't break the law and have a fire but he will break the law and transfer fish.

who knows lol all we got is some pics to make the best of it.

FishingFrenzy
05-23-2011, 05:38 PM

Get Real...if your g/f was about to be raped, and the guy in those photos was the culprit...would you go for the guy....or the camera?? I know how the ghost answered...how bout the rest of you? Go ahead...pin a medal on him. Pathetic!
Wow... think you could have used a more disturbing example?

Lets see, When citizens take things into their own hands..with our justice system..who do you think will be punished? Not to mention the fact that if I was the one witnessing the fish being dumped.. and i confronted the guy what would happen? Might get in a fight, might get some personal satisfaction but at the end of the day I haven't gotten any further towards stopping the bucket biologist. Without evidence (like GG's pics) the F&W can't find/catch the guy..

So how has your idea worked out.. you get in a fight with the guy.. walk away with a bloody nose and the guy drives off.. What has been gained?? Zip, Zero, Nadda

You should be friends with best guide... you think alike...:scared0015:

Dust1n
05-23-2011, 05:44 PM
Wow... think you could have used a more disturbing example?

Lets see, When citizens take things into their own hands..with our justice system..who do you think will be punished? Not to mention the fact that if I was the one witnessing the fish being dumped.. and i confronted the guy what would happen? Might get in a fight, might get some personal satisfaction but at the end of the day I haven't gotten any further towards stopping the bucket biologist. Without evidence (like GG's pics) the F&W can't find/catch the guy..

So how has your idea worked out.. you get in a fight with the guy.. walk away with a bloody nose and the guy drives off.. What has been gained?? Zip, Zero, Nadda

You should be friends with best guide... you think alike...:scared0015:

thats why they call him ghost cause the guy never seen him taking a picture.

finsnfeathers
05-23-2011, 05:49 PM

I'm 6' 3"...205 lbs, and no..the guy in the photo wouldn't scare my mother. If there were fish in the bucket, they wouldn't have made it to the water. End of story. Chances are, a confrontation wouldn't have added up to much, and the lake, pond, whatever, would have been saved from many dollars worth of reclamation. Most likely, letting the person know that his little project is highly illegal, and explaining why, would have been all that was needed.

pickrel pat
05-23-2011, 05:55 PM
ghostguy6? can we get more details? have you takin the pics in yet?

FishingFrenzy
05-23-2011, 05:59 PM

I'm 6' 3"...205 lbs, and no..the guy in the photo wouldn't scare my mother. If there were fish in the bucket, they wouldn't have made it to the water. End of story. Chances are, a confrontation wouldn't have added up to much, and the lake, pond, whatever, would have been saved from many dollars worth of reclamation. Most likely, letting the person know that his little project is highly illegal, and explaining why, would have been all that was needed.
I never said the guy was scary.. or that you or I couldn't easily intimidate him. What I said is that, if we let the proper authorities deal with the problem, the guy will suffer whatever punishment they deem appropriate.
Now I agree with you that having a friendly conversation with the guy BEFORE he lets the fish go, telling him its illegal, is a good idea. But on the other hand, I think if a guy "cares" enough and thinks he's "smart" enough to "improve" our lakes, 5 bucks says he knows it illegal.

1shotwade
05-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Just my 2 cents but if a person was going to do such a thing in front of somebody would't you throw the fish into the lake and get the hell out of dodge! If your not smart enough too do it incognito "I hope i spelled that right" What makes you think this dude is smart enough to let alone catch a fish or operate a fishing rod! Criminals are dumb but if this guy was "bucket brigading" he is 1 dumb SOB! Like I said just my 2 cents!:thinking-006:

FishingMOM
05-23-2011, 09:30 PM
:argue2:
:argue2:

I think that GHOST has more information he can't share with us and we need to give him the benefit of the doubt.

chubbdarter
05-23-2011, 09:35 PM
if the suspect ended up beaten near to death and his bucket was tossed in the river......im pretty sure i know who did it
if the suspects car was battery-less.....im even more confident i know
if a note was left beotching about Edmonton....case solved

horsetrader
05-23-2011, 09:38 PM
if the suspect ended up beaten near to death and his bucket was tossed in the river......im pretty sure i know who did it

....HAHAHAHA.......That's awesome you got it all in one post.........:).

chubbdarter
05-23-2011, 09:41 PM
....HAHAHAHA.......That's awesome you got it all in one post.........:).

not quite...some quality control guy you are

Originally Posted by chubbdarter
if the suspect ended up beaten near to death and his BEST bucket was tossed in the river......im pretty sure i know who did it
if the suspects BEST car was battery-less.....im even more confident i know
if a BEST note was left beotching about Edmonton....case solved

pickrel pat
05-23-2011, 09:44 PM
if a note was left beotching about Edmonton....case solvedthe murder rates are up in edmonton this year because battery theft is running rampant in the city....used to be only confined to hongcouver!

horsetrader
05-23-2011, 09:44 PM
not quite...some quality control guy you are

Originally Posted by chubbdarter
if the suspect ended up beaten near to death and his BEST bucket was tossed in the river......im pretty sure i know who did it
if the suspects BEST car was battery-less.....im even more confident i know
if a BEST note was left beotching about Edmonton....case solved

There you go I must be getting old..

chubbdarter
05-23-2011, 09:56 PM
the murder rates are up in edmonton this year because battery theft is running rampant in the city....used to be only confined to hongcouver!

suicide rates will go up when the River runs dry

FishingFrenzy
05-23-2011, 10:12 PM

:47b20s0::sHa_shakeshout:
Hands down, funniest thing i have read in a while!!!
Thanks for that one.

BGSH
05-23-2011, 11:38 PM
:O

scudman
05-23-2011, 11:53 PM

This post is just pure awesomeness:sHa_shakeshout:

Jack&7
05-24-2011, 12:35 AM

X3...

I am not jumping on the OP either. In fact, if he saw what he described, he should be commended for taking the actions that he did. We should ALL be so vigilant. If there are more details that he is not able to share, I hope he HAS shared them with the authorities so the situation can be dealt with appropriately.

But having said all that, I stand by my original comments. The pictures presented, if taken at face value, do not depict anything illegal IMHO. Maybe there is more to the story....maybe not. But based on what I have seen provided as evidence, I would not jump to any conclusions here. More info is needed..

But ultimately, it doesn't matter what any of us thinks of this thread. That is what the authorities are for.

Sundancefisher
05-24-2011, 11:56 AM
All I can say is I hope SRD has enough to lay charges. :angry3: Too bad I cant post the unedited photos publically.

You did the right thing.

You took some pictures...got a licence number...recorded what you saw and past it on to F&W to follow up on. You did not get into an altercation which I am sure your family is also pleased about.

What you did was admirable and should be commended. I am concerned that some negative posters are blind to suspicious activity or would just refuse to get involved for whatever reason.

If he was a bucket vandal then there is proof tied to where he was at should perch show up. If he was not then we can all breath a sigh of relief. Our job as custodians of the resource is to monitor and help protect the fisheries. Odd or suspicious behavoir has to be reported.

It is definitely suspicious and anyone reading this thread should read one main point. People are watching and if you do this you will get caught.

Cheers

Sun

ghostguy6
05-24-2011, 11:06 PM
There are many more details that I am not willing to share publicly. The rules for chain of custody of evidence do appy even on the internet. I am not going to potentially blow the case by posting said information. It is possible that the person in the photo is a member here and does not need to know what is going on until law enforcment is knocking on their door. SRD has copies of all the photos and relivent information, it is now in their hands.

For those of you that had something positive to say, Thank you.
Now if youll excuse me I have a few more people to add to my blocked list.

Lefty-Canuck
05-24-2011, 11:09 PM
There are many more details that I am not willing to share publicly. The rules for chain of custody of evidence do appy even on the internet. I am not going to potentially blow the case by posting said information. It is possible that the person in the photo is a member here and I does not need to know what is going on until law enforcment is knocking on their door. SRD has copies of all the photos and relivent information, it is now in their hands.

I am glad you did the right thing by collecting the info and passing it along. One thing you have to understand is that the OP was a bit vague, but lets hope that whoever was transplanting fish get nailed for it!

Lefty

fish-slaughter
05-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Good on yeah ghost world needs more people like you!!! People who care!!!

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-24-2011, 11:31 PM
I'm sure doing the work he does knows what he had to do . Like Sundancefisher said something like that , that seems very suspicious is probably something to document and report .

Sure it could be a guy getting a bucket of water but it could be some brilliant guy who thinks they need some other fish in that lake .

Also I don't think a guy is gonna go out of his way to post something like this and not have any other proof behind it . Some of you clowns on this forum need to give your bloody heads a shake . Really an embarrassment to Legal sportsmen all around .

horsetrader
05-24-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm sure doing the work he does knows what he had to do . Like Sundancefisher said something like that , that seems very suspicious is probably something to document and report .

Sure it could be a guy getting a bucket of water but it could be some brilliant guy who thinks they need some other fish in that lake .

Also I don't think a guy is gonna go out of his way to post something like this and not have any other proof behind it . Some of you clowns on this forum need to give your bloody heads a shake . Really an embarrassment to Legal sportsmen all around .

John you hurt my feelings I will have to leave the forum now.............:cry:

Mark
05-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Good on ya Ghost. We need more sportman like you!
Legal and ethical sportmen (or sportpeople, if you're politically correct) have nothing to fear. Everybody else, watch out, we're watching you!

boot
05-25-2011, 03:05 PM
I wonder why people assume the OP has better pictures and more proof. Wouldn't it make sense to post a picture that actually shows some fish or real proof (if it exists)? All I see is a guy with a bucket... and he's wading... what kind of fool would roll up all his clothes, then carefully wade in to release illegal fish?

Anyhow, I have to agree with some of the earlier replies. In a situation like this, you need to say something and get involved immediately. Even if you don't get physically involved, you can make him aware that you're taking pictures and recording what's happening. That should be enough to stop him. And if you can't get involved, take better pictures up close and personal.

ssyd
05-25-2011, 05:59 PM
There are many more details that I am not willing to share publicly. The rules for chain of custody of evidence do appy even on the internet. I am not going to potentially blow the case by posting said information. It is possible that the person in the photo is a member here and does not need to know what is going on until law enforcment is knocking on their door. SRD has copies of all the photos and relivent information, it is now in their hands.

I'm sure he'd recognize his own clothes, car and actions from those pictures... You've already told this person (if he's on this forum) that you're onto him. How could it hurt to show us the pictures that prove his wrong-doing?

I'm also curious... Did he make multiple trips or just the one bucket?

Granrey
05-25-2011, 06:44 PM
this guy could be a biologist doing some research with permission.

but anyways, if he is breaking the law is good you catch him.

Fishfinder
05-25-2011, 07:06 PM
A picture tells a thousand words.... in this case, several thousand:lol:

Good on ya Ghost!:)

If budsy there IS doing what we hope he is not, I hope they throw the book at him...and I'm sure they will. As they should!

Can't wait to hear the outcome of this one:party0052:

Cheers n GL.

horsetrader
05-25-2011, 07:47 PM
If the guy was dumping fish and you reported him then good on you Ghost

The only problem I have is we deal a lot with court in fact was there today.
the problem I have is any time we have had picture evidence from our surveillance cameras where the crown was going to prosecute and we were just giving evidence we had to hand over all pictures or video you cannot keep a copy for yourself. You do not get it back until after the court is done and some time not then. So i find it hard to believe they aloud you to keep copies and post them.