PDA

View Full Version : Carson Pegasus

ukrmaf
05-23-2011, 07:18 PM
So we were out at Carson all weekend, got to try the new boat and truck boat loader. The fishin was fantastic as always. We couldn't keep them of the hooks. Nothing huge but nice pan sized rainbows. Managed to get my two buddies little girls out on the water and they had a great time and caught a bunch of bows. It's always nice to get the kids involved and that is a great place to do just that. My boat loader performed very well I'm just gonna have to figure something out for the winch system as the little winch motor on it now seems a little week. The fire ban situation sucked and considering that the whole campground in flooded with water didnt make too much sense but we managed just fine. Anyways just thought I'd drop a line. Also if anyone is heading out there don't forget your bug spray as the skeeters are horrible.

outdoors forever
05-23-2011, 07:34 PM
Nice - I've always wanted to try that lake. Maybe this year I'll get down there. :)

Was there a lot of smoke in the area from the fire by Swan Hills?

Paul C
05-24-2011, 11:33 AM
Nice - I've always wanted to try that lake. Maybe this year I'll get down there. :)

Was there a lot of smoke in the area from the fire by Swan Hills?

Which boat was you in? I fished the area near the boat launch. The biggest rainbow I got was around 2 lbs.

Paul C
05-24-2011, 01:45 PM
So we were out at Carson all weekend, got to try the new boat and truck boat loader. The fishin was fantastic as always. We couldn't keep them of the hooks. Nothing huge but nice pan sized rainbows. Managed to get my two buddies little girls out on the water and they had a great time and caught a bunch of bows. It's always nice to get the kids involved and that is a great place to do just that. My boat loader performed very well I'm just gonna have to figure something out for the winch system as the little winch motor on it now seems a little week. The fire ban situation sucked and considering that the whole campground in flooded with water didnt make too much sense but we managed just fine. Anyways just thought I'd drop a line. Also if anyone is heading out there don't forget your bug spray as the skeeters are horrible.
Here is a photo of this scrappy little trout. Fishin wuz spectacular.:)

ukrmaf
05-24-2011, 07:54 PM
I was in a blue 12foot princecraft with four guys in it.

There wasnt any smoke at all.

Paul C
05-24-2011, 10:03 PM
Hey Paul,
Next time try from shore that time of year the trout are so close you can see them in the water. Glad to hear the boat is working good.