PDA

View Full Version : Help walleye tips please!!!

coorslight
05-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Hey fishing the north sask river wanna catch walleye waters real dirty. What are the tricks bin try pickerel rig and worms caught one. Tips really appreciated thanks. Going at four

gonefishin
05-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Try a Lindy Rig with a floating jig head (glow or chart) tipped with a minnow.

BGSH
05-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Hey fishing the north sask river wanna catch walleye waters real dirty. What are the tricks bin try pickerel rig and worms caught one. Tips really appreciated thanks. Going at four

dont use stupid minows its the boring way of catching walleyes lol, use jiggs reel in really slow retrieve, you will see results, im headin down thursday to night if anyone wants to join me :sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

Lefty-Canuck
05-25-2011, 02:28 PM
lol.....lets just have a sticky for, "Ask Best Guide cause he knows it all......." thread.

:)

Lefty

BGSH
05-25-2011, 02:32 PM
lol.....lets just have a sticky for, "Ask Best Guide cause he knows it all......." thread.

Lefty

hey come on now, hope you come to the river tomorrow night :sHa_shakeshout:

gonefishin
05-25-2011, 02:40 PM
dont use stupid minows its the boring way of catching walleyes lol, use jiggs reel in really slow retrieve, you will see results, im headin down thursday to night if anyone wants to join me :sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

How is fishing a jig without a minnow less boring than fishing one with a minnow? Keep your phone on Thursday night... I'm sure it will be ringing off the hook with people wanting to go fishing with you.

Coorslight- If the water's dirty use the minnow... the smelll will help the fish find your hook (as will the glow or chart jig head).

BGSH
05-25-2011, 02:42 PM
How is fishing a jig without a minnow less boring than fishing one with a minnow? Keep your phone on Thursday night... I'm sure it will be ringing off the hook with people wanting to go fishing with you.

Coorslight- If the water's dirty use the minnow... the smelll will help the fish find your hook (as will the glow or chart jig head).

hey now i was j,k if you didnt see lol@ anyways yea its all fun around if you use minows if have a chance at hammering a sturgeon as well, gluck :)

gl2
05-25-2011, 02:42 PM

Lefty

LOL. Will it be in the fishing section? I hope it goes into general........need advice why my truck won't start? :scared0018:

BGSH
05-25-2011, 02:45 PM
LOL. Will it be in the fishing section? I hope it goes into general........need advice why my truck won't start? :scared0018:

:fighting0030:

coorslight
05-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Any one wanna come to ight

BGSH
05-25-2011, 03:33 PM
wish, working tonight, but tomorrow i have off, if anyone wants to join me tomorrow just send me a message on facebook @ shawn sami my nick name, thx gluck :)

coorslight
05-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Where do u go I'm north of marwYne there

chubbdarter
05-25-2011, 03:37 PM

im going to try be proactive here.
Mr. best guide why dont you try have 1 post without using the word Loser,Idiot or Stupid in it.
We all accept the fact YOU think your a superior human being, your title and posts say it all.
I remind you there is alot of very good fisherman on this site and alot of those guys could wipe your snotty little nose, with your additude you'll never reap the benifits of their knowledge.p.s. im not in that group

to the OP....foresure take the above suggestions.....meat many times is technique that makes a big difference

Redfrog
05-25-2011, 03:45 PM
"dont use stupid minows"

I have questions.
Are minows the same thing as minnows?
If they are how do tell the stupid ones from the intelligentia?
I mean, like, if they're dead it's not like you can ask them, like, skill testing questions.
I thought fishing was easier than this.

C Taylor
05-25-2011, 04:03 PM
You don't want to get a tub of soft mushy minnows they're the ones I call "Stupid minnow" as I'm replacing it.

BGSH
05-25-2011, 04:11 PM
im going to try be proactive here.
Mr. best guide why dont you try have 1 post without using the word Loser,Idiot or Stupid in it.
We all accept the fact YOU think your a superior human being, your title and posts say it all.
I remind you there is alot of very good fisherman on this site and alot of those guys could wipe your snotty little nose, with your additude you'll never reap the benifits of their knowledge.p.s. im not in that group

to the OP....foresure take the above suggestions.....meat many times is technique that makes a big difference

what u talking about chubbdarter, i dont think im superior at all, i learned so many things from everyone on here, i love this forum, lots of info, and you can learn so many different things from different people not just about fishing,general things and hunting info, :scared:

Lefty-Canuck
05-25-2011, 04:14 PM
pssshhhhtttt...chicka chicka chicka.......pssssht.....chicka chicka....

"Is that a Mojito you are mixing?"

Lefty

BGSH
05-25-2011, 04:15 PM
pssshhhhtttt...chicka chicka chicka.......pssssht.....chicka chicka....

"Is that a Mojito you are mixing?"

Lefty

smirnoff ice one of my favorites, seriously though, i am taking a friend fishing tomorrow in the river, all kidding aside, u should come out

tacklerunner
05-25-2011, 04:31 PM
smirnoff ice one of my favorites, seriously though, i am taking a friend fishing tomorrow in the river, all kidding aside, u should come out

You taking the hot chick in the river? Will she be wearing a bikini? ;)

steve
05-25-2011, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE=best guide shawn homeniuk;953306]dont use stupid minows its the boring way of catching walleyes lol, use jiggs reel in really slow retrieve, QUOTE]

I think its time to sit back and do more reading and less posting. 420 not so helpful posts in under a month is getting to be to much.

Daceminnow
05-25-2011, 07:38 PM

little late to help with tonights outing but regardless check out this thread. shiners will out fish worms on rigs for walleye all day long in the NSR.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=92686

Dace

Dust1n
05-25-2011, 08:13 PM
i like bright heads and darker tails for the exception of white.
reelin in slowly
cast into the side of the pools and let it drift by the walleye will pick it out pretty fast.

Fishfinder
05-25-2011, 08:26 PM
shiners will out fish worms on rigs for walleye all day long in the NSR.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=92686

Dace

X2. SSR as well:)

Lefty-Canuck
05-25-2011, 10:54 PM

I would like to but tomorrow doesn't work for me......I never have fish the NSR but I might take you up on the offer sometime!

Lefty

carterM
05-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Well...I might take some flak for this but what Sean is saying to do does work. I just use a 1/4 or 3/8 oz jig head and some of the powerbait or gulp grubs. The best colors I've seen are a chartreuse or green jighead with a single tailed white grub. Cast it out, let it sink and drag it back across the bottom.

A watched a friend of mine drag 6 walleye and 2 pike out of the river in about 2 hours last week. Who's to say though, if it'd been a pickeral rig or maybe a jig tipped with a minnow it could have been 10 walleye :thinking-006:

Lambo
05-25-2011, 11:49 PM
I like using slip bobbers with minnows or worms or leeches (whatever works that day). I got tired of losing jigs in rocky river bottom. Set the bait a foot off the bottom and let it drift downstream. I fish from a jet boat so it's easier to gauge the depth. If you're fishing from shore, cast up stream, experiment with different depth settings. Works better in deep holes (slower drift).

Hoyt82
05-25-2011, 11:51 PM
I like to put a small chunk of raw bacon and a minnow on a pickerel rig when the water is very muddy. I wish I could fish my river of choise, it's still way too high, another week or two

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-25-2011, 11:57 PM
You cant go wrong with a bait rig of some sort ,

Weight on the bottom , and couple of hooks , use minnows or dew worms , Leeches also work great .

Lindy rig would work .

Casting out a Jig and grub and bouncing it along the bottom .

Those 3 are probably your best bet for now .

Be very careful Was out today and the water is up id say 2 1/2 feet in the past 24 hrs . Very slippery and current is very very fast . 8 oz's wasn't even holding . So we went trouting instead .

cranky
05-26-2011, 12:30 AM
Do spoons or spinners not work in NSR? Or are they better for lakes and ponds?

05-26-2011, 12:39 AM
Do spoons or spinners not work in NSR? Or are they better for lakes and ponds?

You might catch them but Lots of snags . Unless you know an area that would work , theres always a chance of getting snagged . But Useing a spoon , spinner or crankbait will greatly chance not comeing back with it .

But depending on the area yes they would work . not my # 1 choice though .

RedHeadedFisherman
05-26-2011, 12:41 AM
[QUOTE=Tosh;need advice why my truck won't start? :scared0018:[/QUOTE]

lol cuz you let it sit for a year and the battery is dead :sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcasticlol::scared0018:

RedHeadedFisherman
05-26-2011, 12:44 AM
You taking the hot chick in the river? Will she be wearing a bikini? ;)

here she is, Best Guides Best Buddy!

BGSH
05-26-2011, 12:46 AM
here she is, Best Guides Best Buddy!

next time dont spy on us geeeez :fighting0030:

05-26-2011, 12:49 AM
Cant there be 1 thread that it cant be derailed by retarded behaviour . I swear I really starting to lose brain cells reading some posts from some people .

NSRfishing
05-26-2011, 05:30 AM
i have been doing really good at hermitage with a watermelon seed color curly tail grub and a pink jig i like the zoom fat alberts 5 inches

0liver
05-26-2011, 10:56 AM
ye olde [as in ancient] nasty raw bacon on a generic pickerel rig works just fine, or like dace's improvised rig thingy, cast upstream and you know you got a good, deep hole if the rig doesn't float away down stream.

ps: Heavyer the weight the better.
psps: try finding a nice back eddy or a creek mouth and cast right at the seam where the currents mix that way the fishys will pick up the sent of that bacon really well.

hope this helps anyone wasting hours staring at the tip of there rod:sign0161: