PDA

View Full Version : feeding the baby bows!!

1bluZebec
05-26-2011, 11:28 PM
Well haven't been down to four seasons since hardwater season so i decided to go tonight. I got there at about 7:00 and left at 9:45. All i can say is wow! never seen so many fish jump in my life! every second rthere were fish about 4-8 inches jumping everywhere. Well i managed to feed quite a few of them and landed 8 of the little dudes with the smallest being 5" and biggest being 8". Great night out and cant wait to go back. spincasting with a woolybugger always works for me, but not a fish in my life on a inline mepps spinner or panther martin. Anyway now that it has been restocked its going to be great to take the kids:):sHa_shakeshout:

Calgaryguy1977
05-27-2011, 04:21 AM
It's kind of funny.....I never had luck with Panther martins and mepps until recently. A few days ago I figured out what I was doing wrong. there is a technique with them. Keep the rod tip down to the water and spin it at a speed where you can feel a vibrating...almost gyrating in the end of the rod. It takes some practice but you will know when you've it it. After I started doing that, I got plenty of hits on one.

I normally fly fish but challenge myself to catch fish as many ways as possible just for fun.

My other concern with really small bows would be the size of the spoon. I would think they would be less likely to hit a normal sized spoon than a larger bow.