PDA

View Full Version : important notice

chubbdarter
05-27-2011, 04:05 PM
in the past i have stated that fishing is not allowed at the entrance or inlet of the spillway structures at its longest point into the lake.
This is not true, after a long discussion with a senior officer who was very informative. We agreed there is some technical wording that makes the matter confussing, but in the end the word canal is misleading and there fore from a enforcement point of view rather insignificant.

so heres a senario that hopefully explains the regulation

1 mile up the canal is a drop structure or spillway, barrier, etc etc
25 yards from the base of the concrete structure is a no fish zone.
downstream of that fishing is permitted if no other regs say different in the canal
If regs for the lake dont specify the canal then general synopsis rule
If the regs for lake have specifics and the canal doesnt.....the canal ends from a imaginary line from shore line to shoreline at point of entry.

sorry guys, ive posted info that was incorrect previously

the local angler
05-27-2011, 04:29 PM
i also inquired about this every time i saw an officer and i asked them so from the cement structure out how do we know where 25 m is and they told me there is ussually poles that indicate where the 25m mark is. i keep seeing these orange poles and wonder if these are it or not. the minor details is what confusing me too.

bowness
05-27-2011, 08:15 PM
When it comes to some regulations (this is especially true in BC with the combination of Fed and provincial enforcement) the head doesnt know what the tail is doing. Excuse the pun...