PDA

View Full Version : Southern Res fishing

matathonman
05-27-2011, 07:23 PM
Hows fishing been in the southern Reservoirs the last week? Wolf lake area was slow as the ice hasn't been off long and no weeds anywhere. Brazeau was 30-40 ft low and never fished it. Going to head to Newell tommorow and see how it goes and then maybe try crawling on Sunday. Any info would be great.
Thanks everyone.

Cheers and good luck this weekend!!

bowness
05-27-2011, 07:57 PM
Was at Newell last weekend. Not many boats. Pike fishing was ok, landed about 12-15 pike and only one over 63 cm. Ate him and he was really good. Fished about 6 hours total. Did not see a walleye and last year we caught some beauties. Somewhat thankful I didn't get tags as I would not be able to caught them!

matathonman
06-02-2011, 01:16 AM
Well never caught nothing at newell. Fishid 5 hrs with bait and without off shore and not a bite. Weeds are just starting to come around. Bugerd of to crawling Sat evening and fished off shore and the wife and my buddy out fished me again. Went out in the boat the last hour when the wind died and it was on. The next day though was brutal, I think i need to learn how to fish spring walley. And I need a new fish finder Lol.