PDA

View Full Version : Lamont Pond

Mattattack
05-29-2011, 10:22 AM
Has anyone fished the Lamont pond this season? I wouldnt mind going out for a sunday drive to fish it. There were some nice decent sized trout in the pond last year, but i am worried like many other pot hole ponds that it may have winterkilled.

zero_eight
05-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Where is that pond? My wife and I head to Lamont for Dr appts on occasion, this might be a good way to kill an hour or 2.

Mattattack
05-29-2011, 10:55 AM
It is literally right outside of Lamont on highway 29 at the main intersection for highway 831/highway 29 when you first exit the town. It is pretty hard to miss.

trampywinter
05-29-2011, 12:38 PM
its not at the intersection you have to turn right at the intesection go west to the next gravel road and its on the left hand side. you be surprise people do fish right there at the funny looking hill b/c there is a water hole

Mattattack
05-29-2011, 07:28 PM
its not at the intersection you have to turn right at the intesection go west to the next gravel road and its on the left hand side. you be surprise people do fish right there at the funny looking hill b/c there is a water hole

Yea my bad. I only fished the one time last year so my memory was a little off. Anyway i went to the pond today and it appears that it was freshly stocked although no one was getting any fish. Alot of small ones jumping, but no sign of anything that was a decent size.

trampywinter
05-30-2011, 10:13 PM
I made an error in my directions. you do turn right but head EAST not west.

smoky the bear
05-30-2011, 10:36 PM
I just came back from the fish and game meeting ,and we were told that they restocked last week. We put in 2000 6" to 7" trout . We hope that we did not get any winter kill. Se what happens.