PDA

View Full Version : Newbie at chain lakes

Mmtobias
05-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Hi everyone. I am new to this site and will tell you a bit about me. I live in okotoks, Alberta. I consider myself a novice at fishing as I haven't done it in over 10 years. The reason is that I never really cared much for shore fishing and finally bought a 14' aluminum boat and 9.6hp motor. I went out to chain lakes late last year around October just to try the boat out. I got my fishing license yesterday and headed out to chain lakes today. When I got there I noticed that the water was really high still from the recent record rain fall. The water was really muddy and could not see my lure more than an inch under water. I launched my boat (it's on a trailer) at the launch that was almost completely under water. The south end of the lake was littered with big branches and logs floating everywhere! I headed to the north side of the lake which had no debris but still very muddy and fished for 3 hours and not even a bite!! Is this normal for chain lakes? Or is it just the muddy water? Any tips for fishing chain lakes would be very much appreciated! Thanks