PDA

View Full Version : CLCAPC (Coal lake cleaning and anti-poaching coalition) :)

timsesink
05-30-2011, 05:13 PM
Well with all the garbage (both human and plastic) seeming to be at Coal I say we form a posse :sHa_shakeshout: We can get shirts made, baseball bats crudely faashioned and carry backpacks full of garbage! Who's in! ?:budo:

Being sarcastic but it's getting crazy out there with the poaching and littering, if we all stand up, take a bag of garbage out with us I think we could make a diffrence! See you out there fellow posse memebers! I'm the 6' 8 guy, hard to miss!

Lefty-Canuck
05-30-2011, 06:08 PM
Sign me up I am in....(don't mention the paoching part around here people are sensitive)....in regards to the garbage part you are right man....the North shore of the lake looks like a dump......in all seriousness I would slap on a orange safety vest and happily meet up with others who care about that lake and help clean that shore up from some of that mess.

Lefty

TheFishHunter
05-30-2011, 06:31 PM
I agree. Coal certainly needs some TLC...

bloopbloob
05-30-2011, 08:35 PM
I'm in. Was out today, south end, and glad to say I did not see any poaching! AND there was actually an officer out there today! Not sure exactly which branch (not Fish and Game), but in an unmarked truck, and he was wearing some uniform dealy covered in badges, asked some questions, but never got out of the truck, so I don't know. But good to see!

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-30-2011, 09:31 PM
I wonder if one could contact Leduc county or SRD and see if they would bring out some steel garbage cans . Thats what we did at our one spot fishing along the river , all thought it was a private person who brought them . Then just simply burn the garbage . 4 or 5 drums would help that place out a ton .

FishingFrenzy
05-30-2011, 09:45 PM
I wonder if one could contact Leduc county or SRD and see if they would bring out some steel garbage cans . Thats what we did at our one spot fishing along the river , all thought it was a private person who brought them . Then just simply burn the garbage . 4 or 5 drums would help that place out a ton .

X2!!!

Also would help if people were such f$*$#*$ pigs :mad0030:

TheFishHunter
05-31-2011, 11:52 AM

Yeah that's a great idea...

walking buffalo
05-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Well with all the garbage (both human and plastic) seeming to be at Coal I say we form a posse :sHa_shakeshout: We can get shirts made, baseball bats crudely faashioned and carry backpacks full of garbage! Who's in! ?:budo:

Being sarcastic but it's getting crazy out there with the poaching and littering, if we all stand up, take a bag of garbage out with us I think we could make a diffrence! See you out there fellow posse memebers! I'm the 6' 8 guy, hard to miss!

I hope you are NOT being sarcastic. :)

We can thank our elders for being proactive and organized. Our fisheries and wildlife management began by concerned citizens taking it upon themselves to change societal and political mindsets.

Since the AB Gov. does not consider the protection of our Fish and Wildlife a priority, we will have to do it ourselves, while pressuring the gov. to get back in the game.

Gust
05-31-2011, 01:02 PM
I hope you are NOT being sarcastic. :)

We can thank our elders for being proactive and organized. Our fisheries and wildlife management began by concerned citizens taking it upon themselves to change societal and political mindsets.

Since the AB Gov. does not consider the protection of our Fish and Wildlife a priority, we will have to do it ourselves, while pressuring the gov. to get back in the game.

I'm down the south end of the Province, and would help if schedules weren't so hectic, but you could organise an AOF garbage pick up/fishing picnic at Coal Lake on a very busy weekend,, exposure of committed fisherfolk makes people care about things a bit more. And they're great get togethers too. Ask SRD for one large truck-bin and several cans that you can place at garbage hot spots.

timsesink
05-31-2011, 02:19 PM
Hey Guys
Great Idea! How about this Saturday 10pm-1pm. Hot Dogs, chips and pop are on me! I'll contact SRD and let them know as well as bring some gloves and safety orange vests! We'll meet in the boat launch are and then work our way past the dike area and down the eastern edge about 500m. Sounds good?
Tim

timsesink
05-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Forgot to say North End, see other post for more details!