PDA

View Full Version : Where to break my new boat in!

Fish Fishstopherson
05-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Greetings!

First an introduction, long time reader, first time poster! I am an avid Fly fisherman, and a very medicore spin caster. I live outside of Calgary, have a couple of dogs and about a 150 trout ( no typo,:) ) Great thread and lots of great advice, which leads me to my first post.

I have just bought a Crestliner Superhawk, with a Merc outboard. It states in the manual, around 10 hours of break in time.

Which lake would be best, within 2 hours of Calgary ( willing to go further if there is a better option) to break in my outboard? Considering 3500-4500 rpms for ~3 hours at a time with no dead heads and fellow fishing friends hating me for running up and down the lake...

Any advice would be appreciated!

As a side note...would anyone want to go fishing after said boat is broken in! I have very limited knowledge of spin casting and would love to learn how to catch walleye and lake trout on a spinner!

Cheers.

Stopherson

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-30-2011, 09:43 PM
Pine Lake or Sylvan would be a good start . Theres some of them southern resivours that would be a place to go aswell .

npauls
05-30-2011, 11:38 PM
You could go to Travers or Mcgregor. Both are pretty big lakes and could be toured for quite awhile to check things out.

TJG
05-31-2011, 08:30 PM
Pine Lake or Sylvan would be a good start . Theres some of them southern resivours that would be a place to go aswell .

Pine and Sylvan are small fishing lakes with limited fishing spots.
Go run up and down some bigger lakes, or something not used,
like Gull or Buffalo.