PDA

View Full Version : Lets help this guy out .

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-30-2011, 10:27 PM
A Friend of mine lost his fishing boat , motor , and all his gear , hooks rods , his kids rods and gear ice auger etc .

Lets make this right and help this guy out . Lets get them some gear . Ive got rods and a couple of reels and some tackle im gonna give them . Anyone else have some stuff to help them out .

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/0ad980e4.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/c2d1650e.jpg

That picture is enough to leave a lump in your throat and tears rolling down your cheeks .

Tyangelo
05-30-2011, 11:37 PM
Im not sure if he's interested in manual auger, but I've got an 8" Eskimo auger that's pretty much brand new that Id be willing to donate. PM me if he'd be interested.

05-30-2011, 11:50 PM
Im not sure if he's interested in manual auger, but I've got an 8" Eskimo auger that's pretty much brand new that Id be willing to donate. PM me if he'd be interested.

That would be a good start . Im sure he would be more then happy with that . Ill be in touch in the next day or so .

chubbdarter
05-30-2011, 11:58 PM
what type of fishing did/does him and his family do?

05-31-2011, 12:37 AM
what type of fishing did/does him and his family do?

Pike Walleye , they Fished the lake alot as they lived in town and traveled a short ways to the lake .

Only reason I am putting this out there is he has a trip booked for june 30th to july 18 to Travers and Newell . And I am looking for a small boat for him , Ive got a small motor he can use . Even if It was to lend for that time as he will be eventually getting a new boat from the insurance but they will not cover all his tackle rods etc .

ORV
05-31-2011, 07:44 AM
hey bbj. put me down for a couple ice fishing rods & a tip up.
they can pick up when they go to trav or i can ship to you.

let me know

orv.

sureshot
05-31-2011, 08:06 AM
I will donate my tackle box full of hooks, and an 8" swede bore hand auger. Pm me with details.

Andy

Geezle
05-31-2011, 08:27 AM
I've got one or two spinning reels I can pitch in.

sureshot - you're a good man. If that auger ends up being donated I've still got a 6" one you can have :)

Rumtan
05-31-2011, 08:53 AM
If you need any more rods, I can donate a few and some tackle if you like. Call me at home after 2 this afternoon and we can arrange pick up.

05-31-2011, 03:31 PM
hey bbj. put me down for a couple ice fishing rods & a tip up.
they can pick up when they go to trav or i can ship to you.

let me know

orv.

Hey Orv , Like I said to Sureshot I think we need to hold off on the Ice fishing stuff , main thing is to get a few rods for him and his kids .

I will donate my tackle box full of hooks, and an 8" swede bore hand auger. Pm me with details.

Andy

Im not worried about the auger for right now main thing is to get him some tackle and rods so he can attend his trip .Would be a good time for him to forget about everything and just relax and cry or whatever it is hes gonna do , and catch fish .

As for the Tackle maybe we can meet up some place .

I've got one or two spinning reels I can pitch in.

sureshot - you're a good man. If that auger ends up being donated I've still got a 6" one you can have :)

That would be Great Jay .Ive got 2 small rods that Ive got for his kids , gonna see If I can a couple more . His kids are ages 9 6 4 .

If you need any more rods, I can donate a few and some tackle if you like. Call me at home after 2 this afternoon and we can arrange pick up.

Will do Rumtan . Thanks again for that Murray your a great fella .

seano11
05-31-2011, 03:50 PM
I have 4 life jackets first is a youth 24-34inchs another youth 24-28inchs - a large 40-48inchs just message me which ones they would like and we can ship them down they are also all buoy O boy

ORV
05-31-2011, 03:51 PM
no problem. bbj. i am sure i can dig up a reel or 2
to donate if you need.

let me know

orv.

05-31-2011, 03:52 PM
I have 4 life jackets first is a youth 24-34inchs another youth 24-28inchs - a large 40-48inchs just message me which ones they would like and we can ship them down they are also all buoy O boy

I have no idea whatever would fit 2 adults and kids aged 9 6 4 .

seano11
05-31-2011, 03:56 PM
Ok we will send all of them down pm me the address to where ever you need these shipped to

sureshot
05-31-2011, 04:17 PM
Hey BBJ I'm ususally available in the evenings. Give me a call 780-246-2480

Andy

JFK
05-31-2011, 04:24 PM
I have a $100.00 gift card for the Fishin Hole that we could use for tackle,rod, reel whatever.
Let me know what ya need.
JFK:sSig_nicethread:

chubbdarter
05-31-2011, 04:26 PM
i can send up a bag full of canks

Braun
05-31-2011, 04:30 PM

better ask him to define what "canks" are first. you never know with this guy :love0025:

Braun
05-31-2011, 04:35 PM
I have been debating something all day ever since I read this thread......... If I could get my boat all primed and running before his trip and all set up and take it for a few runs, I would be willing to let him use it for his trip....... It would be a hell of alot safer for him, wife, and most importantly 3 kids on big lakes like travers and newell than a little boat would be.

It's not a matter of trusting the person to borrow it or not. but a matter of getting everything sorted out and (most importantly) tested in time. I wouldn't want to send them out and have something break down.

Just makes me wish I could get it done sooner but its going to be depended on alot other things that I cant really expedite.

ghostguy6
05-31-2011, 08:31 PM
Ill throw in a 4 pc ugly stick and a Quantem spinning reel. I may have an extra tackle box kicking around but Im not sure on that one.

edit* you can add a quantem optix 40 rod and reel to that as well

05-31-2011, 11:22 PM
Ok we will send all of them down pm me the address to where ever you need these shipped to
I will pm you my address , as I will be taking all the stuff to him in a couple of weeks , once we get everything here .

Hey BBJ I'm ususally available in the evenings. Give me a call 780-246-2480
Andy
Andy thats great I will get in contact with you tommorow .

I have a $100.00 gift card for the Fishin Hole that we could use for tackle,rod, reel whatever.
Let me know what ya need.
JFK:sSig_nicethread:
I dont know if you want to send that , or maybe put it towards fishing rods for the kids , your choice . Ive got a few large rods , but nothing for the kids , im thinking like 5 ft rod or something along them lines .

That would be wonderful Chubbdarter , I will pm you my address if that works for you ?

I have been debating something all day ever since I read this thread......... If I could get my boat all primed and running before his trip and all set up and take it for a few runs, I would be willing to let him use it for his trip....... It would be a hell of alot safer for him, wife, and most importantly 3 kids on big lakes like travers and newell than a little boat would be.

It's not a matter of trusting the person to borrow it or not. but a matter of getting everything sorted out and (most importantly) tested in time. I wouldn't want to send them out and have something break down.

Just makes me wish I could get it done sooner but its going to be depended on alot other things that I cant really expedite.
I contacted him awaiting a reply if he is needing the boat for up there or if its indeed for there trip south . I have another fella on another forum whom has a boat and motor up at slave already that he is allowing him to use if that is where he indeed needs it .Once I find out I will let you know .

Ill throw in a 4 pc ugly stick and a Quantem spinning reel. I may have an extra tackle box kicking around but Im not sure on that one.

edit* you can add a quantem optix 40 rod and reel to that as well

Adam that would be great buddy .

06-01-2011, 01:26 PM

I talked to my buddy there today and Indeed the boat is for there trip june 30th to july 18 . I will be in contact with everyone today , Pm's have been sent aswell as Ill make phone calls aswell , Thanks for supporting another fishermen in a time of such loss . If there is anyone else that may have something else let me know . Thank you agian BBJ

gl2
06-02-2011, 07:05 PM
what would be the things he needs the most right now after all the donations have come in? would like to donate something but don't wanna send something people might have already sent if he needs other stuff.

ghostguy6
06-02-2011, 10:21 PM
I can also add a 5 ft Homer J Simpson spinning rod to the pool. I pulled it out of a trout pond. Reel was not useable though. Does anyone have a spincast reel I can pair up with this?

06-02-2011, 10:23 PM
what would be the things he needs the most right now after all the donations have come in? would like to donate something but don't wanna send something people might have already sent if he needs other stuff.

right now Id say maybe spare line , maybe an extra tackle box , or spincast reel .

I talked to Rumtan he has a few kids rods hed like to give away for this cause , Chubbydarter has some crankbaits , Geezle has a couple rods and or reels , Ive got 5 rods with no reels , another fella has offered up his boat and motor incase Braun wont have his in time . Ghost guy has a rod and reel hes willing to help out . Sureshot has a tackle box with some stuff , and ice auger , ORV has some ice fishing rods and tip ups . So out of all that looking pretty good except for reels and line maybe a rod case , Im gonna custom make him some Pike spinners . I know there was one fella cant remember his name off top of my head that wants to donate a 100 gift card for fishin hole , Badback also sent me 30.00 to go towards some stuff. I bought some weights and bobbers some plane hooks , spinner blade , clevises and some other stuff today with that money .

I can also add a 5 ft Homer J Simpson spinning rod to the pool. I pulled it out of a trout pond. Reel was not useable though. Does anyone have a spincast reel I can pair up with this?
That would be Great Adam , give me a call or Ill facebook message ya here tonight . make a time to get that from you . Like I said above Rumtan has some kids rods , and reels , so maybe an extra incase one breaks isnt such a bad thing to have . I forgot to mention gonna go threw my rod cases see if I cant give him one of them .

gl2
06-03-2011, 10:09 AM
good stuff. i will go through some boxes tonight and let you know what i can come up with....

06-03-2011, 10:19 AM
good stuff. i will go through some boxes tonight and let you know what i can come up with....

That would be great I really appreciate the generosity of the folks of the forum its really heartwarming to see everyone come together at such a time of need .

06-04-2011, 12:56 AM
A quick update ,

I got 2 rods and 2 reels from Ghostguy today .

Gotta meet sureshot and Chris next week to get some stuff from them guys .

Kanonfodder has chose to donate his money from the slave lake auction to this cause instead . I will be meeting him tommorow .

Agian I want to the thank you all so much for your support and comodery in helping My buddy Sonny out in such a time of need you guys all deserve a pat on the back . I will figure out something to give you guys a deal on my bbjtackle for the folks who have Donated gear .

gl2
06-04-2011, 03:55 PM
got a plan together to send some stuff up. there is a pm in your in box bbj.

06-05-2011, 02:13 AM
got a plan together to send some stuff up. there is a pm in your in box bbj.

Ok tosh thanks Just got in from fishing since 9:00 this am its just after 1 am . I will check here . I greatly appreciate your assistance .

Mark
06-06-2011, 01:47 PM
I have a couple of spinning rods that he could have. They really haven't been used. PM for the details.

chubbdarter
06-08-2011, 02:22 PM
BBJ....im still collecting stuff
got a bunch of cranks, spincast reel, tackle bag, line and a bunch of spinner rigs on a rig tamer.
from my son, kelly at the fishing hole and myself

i'll post pics so everyone knows what has been bought already, try keep down too many duplicates

chubbdarter
06-09-2011, 12:55 AM
http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt154/azzrocket2/003-33.jpg

Ken07AOVette
06-09-2011, 01:04 AM
I have a big rolling bottom cabinet tool box he can have close to 2x as wide as the burnt one, 15 drawers I think

06-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Oh wow , Ive been busy , sorry for the delay in getting back to this post guys .

Kanonfodder donated his funds from the Slave lake post to buy this guy some stuff , so with that money I bought 4 packages of Suffex 832 braided line , a spool of 50 lb fluoro leader material , some spinner blades ,clevises , 5 packages of gamakatsu treble hooks , and octopus hooks , that Ill tie a package of each into Snell's for him , as well as some nice berkley pliers , a scale , and a few other items , came to just over 140 dollars .

I am gonna toss in some of my hand tied , bucktails spinners and few other things . Ive got 5 rods I'm gonna toss in as well as a rod case .

chubbdarter and tosh have worked together to put a big package together which will be fantastic .

Geezle is giving me a couple of reels

Ghostguy gave me 3 rods , and a reel .

Rumtan will be giving me some kids rods for his youngsters .

I need to meet up this weekend hopefully with seano11 to get the life jackets ,

Mark I will pm you here about your reels . Reels would be fantastic right now as we've got like 8 rods with no reels .

Chris K has offered up a bunch of gear as well .

And a few other Pm's I am gonna take care of as soon as I push send .

Ken I will message you about the tool chest as well , unsure of if they will have a place to put it .

06-12-2011, 03:02 PM
I have a big rolling bottom cabinet tool box he can have close to 2x as wide as the burnt one, 15 drawers I think

I sent you a PM Ken , Looks like if your still offering it up he would love it .

redneck posse
06-12-2011, 03:15 PM
john i have a adult life jacket he can have fits my fat ass so im sure it will fit him ..lol

YeeHaw
06-14-2011, 02:42 PM
got a couple of rods If needed

Fishfinder
06-14-2011, 11:30 PM
Been away for awhile. Great job BBJ, ur a good man, and the rest of ya as well, very cool to see all the support here. I've been through Slave a few times as of late and the destruction is jaw dropping. If I lived in the area and had more time, I would surely be volunteering my assistance.
Again, koodos to u all, well done!!!:happy0034: Looks like ur friend BBJ will be off to a great start with all the new gear and support, hope they have a wonderful time, they've been through alot I'm sure, and the rebuilding has only just begun.
Cheers all!

06-16-2011, 11:58 PM
john i have a adult life jacket he can have fits my fat ass so im sure it will fit him ..lol Sure Kevin , I will gladly take it , im waiting on some other life jackets to but can never have to many .

got a couple of rods If needed

Sure anything you feel like you wanna help assist this will be great . I am gonna cut it off to Sund ay June 19 . The rest of the stuff will be donated to fish and wildlife as the local officer is gonna send up a bunch of stuff that they have .

Im still waiting to get the packages from chubbdarter and Tosh , ive been very busy this past week been out at the farm getting things in order . i wanna go on holidays but cant do so until this project is done . Any word guys ?????

chubbdarter
06-17-2011, 12:07 AM
Sure Kevin , I will gladly take it , im waiting on some other life jackets to but can never have to many .

Sure anything you feel like you wanna help assist this will be great . I am gonna cut it off to Sund ay June 19 . The rest of the stuff will be donated to fish and wildlife as the local officer is gonna send up a bunch of stuff that they have .

Im still waiting to get the packages from chubbdarter and Tosh , ive been very busy this past week been out at the farm getting things in order . i wanna go on holidays but cant do so until this project is done . Any word guys ?????

i read another thread, that i thought said you were here soon. I figured you'd grab the tackle and the air brush kit then....sorry

06-17-2011, 12:08 AM
i read another thread, that i thought said you were here soon. I figured you'd grab the tackle and the air brush kit then....sorry

Yeah soon as in Middle of july , there trip starts June 28 Or whatever my first few posts say . Its all good we will get this squared away even if I gotta come down to Calgary this weekend maybe we can meet at Bass pro parking lot or something .

chubbdarter
06-17-2011, 12:13 AM
Yeah soon as in Middle of july , there trip starts June 28 Or whatever my first few posts say . Its all good we will get this squared away even if I gotta come down to Calgary this weekend maybe we can meet at Bass pro parking lot or something .

sorry BBJ....i dropped the ball on this one.
But the back up plan should work....i know where the yard is
again my apologizes

06-17-2011, 12:28 AM
sorry BBJ....i dropped the ball on this one.
But the back up plan should work....i know where the yard is
again my apologizes

Lets Pray plan b Phones me . Anyway Im going to bed if not we meet this weekend I gotta go to Ponoka anyway I need my camp chef back from a friend . So a trip to Calgary isnt much further .

chubbdarter
06-20-2011, 04:15 PM
the donation from Kelly(fishin Hole), Tosh and myself is greydog bound. Thank you to HorseTrader for his very important involvment

Rumtan
06-20-2011, 06:26 PM
I am going down to Calgary this Thursday....I can bring anything back you need BBJ. I will be coming back Fridayor early Sat morn.

06-20-2011, 07:01 PM
the donation from Kelly(fishin Hole), Tosh and myself is greydog bound. Thank you to HorseTrader for his very important involvment
Oh man Chubbdarter you guys are awesome , again sorry about the miss understanding . Ill talk with Horsetrader and maybe he could meet us in edmonton on Saturday and we will get a few pictures of some of the guys who have helped make this a complete sucsess with a few minor bumps along the way .

I am going down to Calgary this Thursday....I can bring anything back you need BBJ. I will be coming back Fridayor early Sat morn.

Mur I think were good , Its to bad I didnt know that before today or we coulda meet up when you got back .

Quick update .

I meet up with ghostguy6 , Rumtan and Chris K , I gotta meet up with Jay ( geezle ) and get the two reels he has , and meeting horsetrader to get all that Gear that Calgary fishin hole , Chubbdarter and Tosh sent up , aswell as been in contact with Braun about the useage of his boat , since things with the other fella didnt seem to work out . All in all This is gonna be great , and If anyone from Ao wants to meet up with us Saturdday when we deliver all this gear to the people were helping would be great to show a little support from outsiders and post a few pictures . Anyone interested contact me bbjtackleandfishingadventures@hotmail.com , as I never know if ill be around the computer to get messages from AO .

Thank you agian for the support folks .

chubbdarter
06-21-2011, 04:32 PM
reached the Chuck and now with Horse......thanks Horse i really appreciate your help

horsetrader
06-21-2011, 04:50 PM
reached the Chuck and now with Horse......thanks Horse i really appreciate your help

Anytime Chubb anytime

Geezle
06-23-2011, 09:35 PM
2 reels coming your way tomorrow morning John :)

06-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Awesome guys , Ive got all the stuff , except for the reels that Jay will bring tommorow and Lifejackets Sean has , but due to circumstances will have to drop them off to where they are going as Im going away . This was a huge sucess guys , I have to also huge thank you to Horsetrader for the huge tacklebox that he gave to this cause . And cant forget for delivering the tackle that was really awesome and great to meet you . Chubbdarter Tosh , and Fishin hole Calgary thank you guys so much as well as everyone else , this fishing stuff is going to a great family . The boat may or may not work but they are fine with shore fishing . I will get some pictures once I return from my holidays . Im headed 10 days to Cadomin to do some fishing , relaxing , and shooting . Agian Thank you guys very very much , For one a Thread that didnt have any argueing , just great help . I want to shake everyone of your hands . Chubb I wanna meet ya when im down there July 19 to the 26 th . Hope we can meet up I owe you a huge thank you .

I spoke to Sonny the fella that we are helping out , he was speechless that this many people would want to help him out .

tennisdude
06-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Hi,

I'm new to calgary and my son and i 10 yrs old are wondering where we can go flying fishing River with no boat. Camp for a couple of days as well. I was told kananaskis was really good, but not sure where to put in and camp and fish. We don't mind if we have to hike up stream and fish our way down.

Or is Banff a better place to camp and fish. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

06-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Hi,

I'm new to calgary and my son and i 10 yrs old are wondering where we can go flying fishing River with no boat. Camp for a couple of days as well. I was told kananaskis was really good, but not sure where to put in and camp and fish. We don't mind if we have to hike up stream and fish our way down.

Or is Banff a better place to camp and fish. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Camp in Kananaskis theres quite a few stocked ponds with diffrent trout and greyling , Im headed there the 19th of july for a week . mt lorrette , and a few others aswell as the Upper and lower kananaskis and the Spray lakes . Im gonna hit them all up .

06-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Ok so Ive got everything , except the Life Jackets .

Here are some pictures of everything , I took some time yesterday to put everything into the containers for the tackle box , I had a last minute drop of some more stuff this morning the stuff we were kinda missing , Wire leaders , some more soons , bobbers , that was about it .

I will post more pictures when I return from my 10 day holiday to the mountains .

Here is what we have for this family a I can assure you that they will be very happy with it all .

On behalf of myself I want to thank everyone for helping out and making this a sucsess , The folks of Alberta Outdoorsmen is a group of very upstanding folks . You guys and Gals are amazing and I can truely be happy to know who you are .

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/4a6b7c40.jpg
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/b30ddcd2.jpg
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/35c2611a.jpg
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/4f721dbd.jpg
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/b4072d52.jpg
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/cdd721e3.jpg
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/372f7f0c.jpg
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/fa03d595.jpg
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/76f35498.jpg
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/719f35ce.jpg

alodar
06-27-2011, 01:18 AM
Good contributions outstanding support this forum gives

07-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Hey Folks got one picture of the people we helped out get some fishing stuff for there trip , havent heard how things went .

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/a5eab7fb.jpg
More pictures to come .

Geezle
07-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Sweet! Can't wait to see the pics of the family in action! :cool:

chubbdarter
07-12-2011, 04:02 PM
great pic...thanks for posting

slivers86
08-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Do we know how the trip went? Still curious, this was the first thread I ever looked at on this site, has special meaning to me :)

Eddy62
09-02-2011, 06:40 AM
i am going to my trailer in bc the first week in october if he still needs things i will set him up a box and rod and reel and anything else i wont need.. what does he and his family fish for.

i live in cowtown will haft to figure out how to get the gear to him pls email me so we can figure something out txs.....

chubbdarter
09-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Hey BBJ.....how did their trip an fishing season go?

carball
09-22-2011, 12:14 AM
Does any ever use "Boat Fishfinder Sonar FD89"? I used to fish out on a boat.

10-04-2011, 11:32 PM
Ive yet to hear back from them ive been a busy man , but I will get incontact with them , maybe even kindly ask for a little story on how there trips went . Im sorry that I kind of left this .

livegoodhunthard
10-04-2011, 11:38 PM
i got all sorts of stuff he can have , rods tackle, and what nots (403)857-8078

10-05-2011, 12:26 AM
i got all sorts of stuff he can have , rods tackle, and what nots (403)857-8078

We did this a few months back . But maybe over the winter we can get a big shipment of stuff and I get in contact with Fish and Wildlife in Slave lake and see if we cant get some other people of the community some stuff so they can dip a line over the winter .