PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Lake (near Strathmore)

wmw9
05-31-2011, 02:42 PM
With the high water levels this year I decided to check out Eagle Lake. I don't fish here often, but it's always good for an afternoon. Managed to land one decent pickerel that was just shy of 5 pounds. Saw one guy catch a decent Pike right from the dock in the camp ground.

Flyfisher87
05-31-2011, 07:45 PM
Was there a lot of people out there? Fishing and in the campground?

Gust
05-31-2011, 07:59 PM
oooh, go try at the SW corner on the old causeway,, end of May is awesome for walleye. Don't have the regs handy but if you can nightfish and cast only 8 feet from shore with just a minnow, you'll be haulin all night long. and I don't care if this offends some forum members as everyone usually craps on Eagle.

wmw9
06-01-2011, 11:10 AM
We were the only people out there with the exception of the gentleman fishing off of the dock.

I caught that pickerel just north of the causeway about 4ft from the rail tracks.

Braun
06-01-2011, 11:32 AM
craps on eagle? more like crap in eagle. Nasty smelling lake. definitely wouldnt keep anything from here. I might have to go give it another try though if it's true that it is producing sizable fish

chubbdarter
06-01-2011, 02:25 PM
spent the morning there...seeing as no one has anything good to say about Eagle................thats the end of my report

Braun
06-01-2011, 02:37 PM
spent the morning there...seeing as no one has anything good to say about Eagle................thats the end of my report

this just confuses me more....... do you have nothing good to say about eagle. or you do but wont say anything because no one else has anything good..........
:confused:

madatter
06-02-2011, 01:48 PM
oooh, go try at the SW corner on the old causeway,, end of May is awesome for walleye. Don't have the regs handy but if you can nightfish and cast only 8 feet from shore with just a minnow, you'll be haulin all night long. and I don't care if this offends some forum members as everyone usually craps on Eagle.

So how do you get over there?
I tried this winter but with all that snow it was hopeless....
Do you just follow the old tracks in from the northwest?
Dont want to pee off any of the natives out there!!:scared: