PDA

View Full Version : Wabamun directions needed

kidd
06-01-2011, 11:39 AM
So me and the boy have been to the NSR twice and its been slow for us. Stopped at Hermitage Part pond and the trout werent biting for anyone, it seemed.
So, I figure on trying shore fishing at Wabamun for some better luck on pike. Can someone tell me how to get to the area where the train tracks run past the lake where the guys shore fish? I think its the South side? Its been 20 years since I was there and would probably spend half an hour searching for the place.
Thanks for any advice.
kidd

alodar
06-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Well an easy to get to spot that ive been to is to head into town and take the right before the boat launch(I think its 51 ave) go until you get to the cooling pond channel theres parking and a road to walk down. Good luck its pretty steady action most days. was there For a few hours last night and got 10. The other people were just as if not more successful than me they were using small smelt i was using herring

Thundercatcher
06-01-2011, 09:40 PM
what a cooling pond channel?

BGSH
06-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Well an easy to get to spot that ive been to is to head into town and take the right before the boat launch(I think its 51 ave) go until you get to the cooling pond channel theres parking and a road to walk down. Good luck its pretty steady action most days. was there For a few hours last night and got 10. The other people were just as if not more successful than me they were using small smelt i was using herring

what size are you guys catching, im heading out tomorrow mourning :)

alodar
06-01-2011, 09:57 PM
what a cooling pond channel?

Yes. Where the old transalta cooling pond used to run into the main lake it is an easy to access spot there is parking and a nice wide road right along the channel and theres an abundance of pike . Shawn there were a few larger pike in there if u put in some hours id omagine you will get some 30 + inchers

BGSH
06-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Yes. Where the old transalta cooling pond used to run into the main lake it is an easy to access spot there is parking and a nice wide road right along the channel and theres an abundance of pike . Shawn there were a few larger pike in there if u put in some hours id omagine you will get some 30 + inchers

tomorrow i willl be there from 6-12 noon so lets see what we can catch.... will take many pictures :) caught a nice pike today in whitemud creek, check whitemud creek thread

Thundercatcher
06-01-2011, 10:15 PM
not sure how to get there. but I guess I will go exploring.

alodar
06-01-2011, 10:31 PM
not sure how to get there. but I guess I will go exploring.

Head into the town of wabamun and turn right at the stop sign(51 ave) stop at the attention angler sign park in the space provided and follow the path you will see an access gate that blocks driven traffic i go to the no access bouy(for boaters) well that whole area works fine

Thundercatcher
06-01-2011, 10:41 PM
cool ty

kidd
06-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Thanks Alodar, for helping me out. We will try that instead of the South side.
kidd