PDA

View Full Version : Livetarget lures

Pike'n'walleye
06-03-2011, 11:09 PM
Hello everyone.
Today i saw hollow body frog lure ny livetarget and it looks very real. It was too convincing so I bought it since it was the last one on the peg. this one to be specific.

http://livetargetlures.com/products/frog_hollow.php

has anyone used it before? do they work good?

finsnfeathers
06-03-2011, 11:16 PM
looks like a good largemouth bass lure for cranking through the lillypads

horsetrader
06-03-2011, 11:21 PM
looks like a good largemouth bass lure for cranking through the lillypads

Do I see the beginning of another BASS thread :):)

TyreeUM
06-03-2011, 11:25 PM
the eyes on that frog are incredible...I always wondered if a paint job got to a certain point if any additional detail really would make a difference to the fish, more of a difference to us and our wallet I am thinking...

chubbdarter
06-03-2011, 11:27 PM
the eyes on that frog are incredible...I always wondered if a paint job got to a certain point if any additional detail really would make a difference to the fish, more of a difference to us and our wallet I am thinking...

i agree with that 100 percent

Pike'n'walleye
06-03-2011, 11:28 PM
Yes the lure has great colors and comes with a instructions. say how you can bounce them off the lilly pads walk the dog etc... probably the best $11 i will ever spend :D

gl2
06-03-2011, 11:28 PM
i had to buy a couple after watching dave mercer using one, and he got another frog to eat it......haven't got to use mine yet but i am sure they are gonna work just fine.

NSRfishing
06-03-2011, 11:32 PM
i remember reading thread last week about pike somewhere were going after frogs

Kokanee9
06-03-2011, 11:32 PM
i had to buy a couple after watching dave mercer using one, and he got another frog to eat it......haven't got to use mine yet but i am sure they are gonna work just fine.

Just wondering where you plan on going to catch frogs?

gl2
06-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Just wondering where you plan on going to catch frogs?

the ditch rite behind my house....... i can hear them in there. :sHa_shakeshout:

Kokanee9
06-03-2011, 11:53 PM
the ditch rite behind my house....... i can hear them in there. :sHa_shakeshout:

Glad you have a sense of humor!
:)

gl2
06-03-2011, 11:55 PM
please let me clarify.... i am of asian decent and i drive a gold mini van, so i am limited in my spots to fish(walking distance from my house) so i am gonna target frogs for a little while......at least until the guy who has been beating up all my friends and throwing their tackle in the water goes away. bawhahahahahaha

horsetrader
06-04-2011, 12:38 AM
please let me clarify.... i am of asian decent and i drive a gold mini van, so i am limited in my spots to fish(walking distance from my house) so i am gonna target frogs for a little while......at least until the guy who has been beating up all my friends and throwing their tackle in the water goes away. bawhahahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHA............ how many burbut you got in that van.......:thinking-006:

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
06-04-2011, 12:42 AM
Put a Stinger hook on the back that thing would be a wicked Topwater pike bait .

Pike'n'walleye
06-04-2011, 12:48 AM
Put a Stinger hook on the back that thing would be a wicked Topwater pike bait .

i was just thinking of that too. because the fish really need to press down to get on the hook

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
06-04-2011, 12:51 AM
i was just thinking of that too. because the fish really need to press down to get on the hook

Yep A stinger hook on that would cure that issue or even see if ya couldnt change that hook out . Probably not hard to do . I might just have to go buy a few , and try that out .

Pike'n'walleye
06-04-2011, 12:58 AM
Yep A stinger hook on that would cure that issue or even see if ya couldnt change that hook out . Probably not hard to do . I might just have to go buy a few , and try that out .

yea i will try them for sure and let everyone know

Dust1n
06-04-2011, 09:03 AM
go find a bass lake and fish it a late dusk or night1
i got the less detailed one spro in leapond frog

gl2
06-04-2011, 09:11 AM
go find a bass lake and fish it a late dusk or night1
i got the less detailed one spro in leapond frog

are you saying it wont work for frog fishing? what do you recommend for frogs?

Dust1n
06-04-2011, 09:22 AM
are you saying it wont work for frog fishing? what do you recommend for frogs?

i haventcaught another frog off it but iv seen frogs swim up to it. for frog patterns keep it natural/dark. try to use them in low light conditions to maximize your strikes.ohh yeah a tip i can always keep is to set the hook when you feel the fish on the line. the bass/pike like to slash at it first except at night reeling in realy slow they just kinda suck it in.
i just never bought a live target frog.
look up the frogs in the area and match it.

gl2
06-04-2011, 10:42 AM
i haventcaught another frog off it but iv seen frogs swim up to it. for frog patterns keep it natural/dark. try to use them in low light conditions to maximize your strikes.ohh yeah a tip i can always keep is to set the hook when you feel the fish on the line. the bass/pike like to slash at it first except at night reeling in realy slow they just kinda suck it in.
i just never bought a live target frog.
look up the frogs in the area and match it.

thanks for the info fh7. i am really not interested in catching fish with it i just wanna catch frogs. wish i could figure how to post the link to you tube where dave mercer catches that frog but i cant figure out my new mac book. frogs are way smarter than fish!!!

Dust1n
06-04-2011, 10:50 AM
thanks for the info fh7. i am really not interested in catching fish with it i just wanna catch frogs. wish i could figure how to post the link to you tube where dave mercer catches that frog but i cant figure out my new mac book. frogs are way smarter than fish!!!

yeah iv seen the show its pretty sick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NK4nf_qIRE

PeachesXoXo
06-04-2011, 07:03 PM
I saw these at the tackle store and they look so real! the frog and the perch one especially. I want one but they cost like $12 each :angry3: So hopefully they work good xoxo

DaveFish
06-04-2011, 07:09 PM

That's wicked.

Pike'n'walleye
06-04-2011, 11:10 PM

that just made me like that lure even more!!! :D

Willowtrail
06-05-2011, 12:17 PM

I saw that episode too.

Are you sure that frog was trying to EAT the live target frog?:sHa_shakeshout:

Jasonp
06-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Works great in wabamun for topwater pike but so do zara spooks