PDA

View Full Version : Allen Bill Pond

Fishless
06-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Supposedly pretty muddy, but apparently people are still catching stuff as it was stocked like a week ago. Any tips for muddy water? You can use bait...someone told me to try chunks of beef heart.

Two newbie questions, if you guys would be so kind
1) I've only got lures in my tacklebox so far. When using bait, do you just use a plain hook, or can I combine the two - stick smelly bait on my lures?

2) Should I cast and retrieve quickly, or use a bobber and leave my bait floating there for a bit? I'm guessing it'll be still water. I'm fishing from the shore.

trapshooter
06-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Use bait, the fish are lazy and will rarely chase lures. When using bait use a pickeral rig with what ever bait you want. Just cast it out, let it sink, then tighten your line. Hope this helps.

ericlin0122
06-04-2011, 11:23 AM
once u try micro leech you will never use bait again in stocking pond.

marlin1
06-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Use bait, the fish are lazy and will rarely chase lures. When using bait use a pickeral rig with what ever bait you want. Just cast it out, let it sink, then tighten your line. Hope this helps.

that pond was washed out and connected to the river at one point . They changed the regs to baitless at that time . I am not sure if they changed it back or not . Try a vibrax spinner if you are going to try a lure , has worked for me in the past for stockies in BC

Sundancefisher
06-04-2011, 12:29 PM
that pond was washed out and connected to the river at one point . They changed the regs to baitless at that time . I am not sure if they changed it back or not . Try a vibrax spinner if you are going to try a lure , has worked for me in the past for stockies in BC

You can use bait I am pretty sure.

That being said a chironomid or leech or mayfly nymph fished below a very small pencil bobber would be good also.

I would recommend you email F&W and request at least one lake Mclean or Allen get changed to 2 fish a day limit from 5. Delaying the slaughter will allow you to catch fish during the summer rather than just within a few weeks of stocking.

IMHO.