PDA

View Full Version : Walleye from Little Bow Res this year?

Photoplex
06-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Has anyone caught a walleye out of Little Bow Res this year? (no - NOT Travers)

Spent yesterday on Little Bow Res yesterday with some friends. We pulled out 29 decent pike with an average size around 55cms, with several keeper sized (all went back in the water through). And boy did they fight - harder than most pike I've ever caught.

What was strange though is that even though we trolled the entire reservoir, we didn't see a single other species of fish. No walleye!? We even trolled up that little inlet canal from Travers. Slow-death, leeches, jigs n tails, worms, you name it - we tried it.

It was pretty creepy... Even the fishfinders were strangely quiet all day.

It was fun catch that many pike, but I'd have traded all that in for a decent walleye.

Dust1n
06-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Has anyone caught a walleye out of Little Bow Res this year? (no - NOT Travers)

Spent yesterday on Little Bow Res yesterday with some friends. We pulled out 29 decent pike with an average size around 55cms, with several keeper sized (all went back in the water through). And boy did they fight - harder than most pike I've ever caught.

What was strange though is that even though we trolled the entire reservoir, we didn't see a single other species of fish. No walleye!? We even trolled up that little inlet canal from Travers. Slow-death, leeches, jigs n tails, worms, you name it - we tried it.

It was pretty creepy... Even the fishfinders were strangely quiet all day.

It was fun catch that many pike, but I'd have traded all that in for a decent walleye.
did you try fat shinners>?
try casting small divers in 2-4 feet of water where the baitfish are

Photoplex
06-05-2011, 11:33 AM
did you try fat shinners>?
try casting small divers in 2-4 feet of water where the baitfish are

That's not really an answer to my question now is it FH7 :thinking-006:

Yes, we tried both of those. Trust me when I say we tried it all.

Dust1n
06-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Yes, we tried both of those. Trust me when I say we tried it all.

That's not really an answer to my question now is it FH7 :thinking-006:

sorry not too sure iv never fished that lake./resivwor.
try it again on a differnt day it my have just been a bad day

Photoplex
06-05-2011, 11:38 AM
sorry not too sure iv never fished that lake./resivwor.
try it again on a differnt day it my have just been a bad day

I just find it surreal (almost suspicious) that in 12 hours on the lake, we didn't mark, spot, see, hook, snag or spook a single walleye. And we trolled the whole thing. Even at sun down, nothing.

I mean, it's possible that we somehow missed every single school of Walleye in the lake, for 12 hours, but it seems mighty odd to me.

Dust1n
06-05-2011, 11:41 AM
I just find it surreal (almost suspicious) that in 12 hours on the lake, we didn't mark, spot, see, hook, snag or spook a single walleye. And we trolled the whole thing. Even at sun down, nothing.

I mean, it's possible that we somehow missed every single school of Walleye in the lake, for 12 hours, but it seems mighty odd to me.

well if the resivoors have a baitfish/minnow population they should be in the shallows with the pike chasing the minnows into the shoreline. hmm last year i did well in a boat beside the beach. trolling pickral rigs......