PDA

View Full Version : Battered trout

Redfrog
06-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Not the ones that need to go to a shelter, the other ones.:snapoutofit:

I was sitting thinking about having some fish in batter and I realized in my whole exciting life I've never had battered trout and I can't recall anyone ever talking about them.

I've had trout dredged in seasoned flour and pan fried, but never dipped in batter and deep fried. Same with Salmon.

Anyone eat battered trout?

FishingMOM
06-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Nope

Closest I ever had was salmon that was stuffed (like a turkey) and smoked.
Talk about damn good!

lifesaflyin
06-05-2011, 10:31 PM
when is the last time you tasted something bad come out of a deep fryer? its safe to say have at it!

Willowtrail
06-06-2011, 12:30 AM
I've done it in fish crisp. Small rainbows. As mentioned above, anything deep fried is delicious. We all enjoyed them. Even the kids. If your adventurous when your done you can fry a mars bar for dessert. Haven't tried myself but hear its wicked.

Albertafisher
06-06-2011, 05:47 AM
I battered salmon once.... It was really tasty!

Flyfisher87
06-06-2011, 06:09 AM
Not the ones that need to go to a shelter, the other ones.:snapoutofit:

I was sitting thinking about having some fish in batter and I realized in my whole exciting life I've never had battered trout and I can't recall anyone ever talking about them.

I've had trout dredged in seasoned flour and pan fried, but never dipped in batter and deep fried. Same with Salmon.

Anyone eat battered trout?

The last time I had battered trout, the meat was a bit more oily than usual. Almost couldn't eat it. Managed to get it down though haha. The best way I found to cook trout is to seer the out side of the fillet over the camp stove/fire etc, and cook the meat till done. No batter, no eggs, no bread crumbs. Haven't done this in 15 years, so my recollection on this is limited.