PDA

View Full Version : Seriously

Gust
06-16-2011, 12:07 PM
This is opening day for streams,,, wind from the North 50 clicks, temperature (with windchill), oh I dunno, 2celcius? The rain is horizontal. It's waterproof touque weather!!!

I lived in a rainforest in B.C and we are having rainfall amounts comparable to there. I'm no wussy but I just want to fish where bugs have access to more of my skin that should be burning in the Alberti sun.

Someone was joking about all the Bows trout hopefully being washed down southward,, well, if you get some, they'll be a mightily thrashed. Went and looked at some streams yesterday and fish are hard pressed to find some lazy water right now, and banks are seriously dropping away like sandbox rivers.

Yes, Yes, Yes,, it makes for great catching but I like the fishing part too.

That's my rant.

P.S (then it will get nice and sunny and I'll be working non-stop till hardwater season,,, maybe that's why I haven't put the auger away.)

chubbdarter
06-16-2011, 12:56 PM
its a continuation of the winter we had.....barometer up and down

Gust
06-16-2011, 01:07 PM
its a continuation of the winter we had.....barometer up and down

Winter ended?

When I was a kid in Alberta, I thought there were two seasons, winter and summer holidays.

But, I'm going fishing, hurricane or not, mudslides or other,, the only shame is one lake is inaccessible in downpours, super-sticky mud, and the bite right now is on-on-on. So it looks like slough sharking. Was thinking about setting up a tent on four pallets as one of our spots has raised the water table so much that you could keep your catch alive in the puddles.

SonnyJ
06-16-2011, 01:23 PM
And next week the days start to get shorter.

Gust
06-16-2011, 01:26 PM

yup

boot
06-16-2011, 01:47 PM

This makes me want to cry.

drifter
06-16-2011, 01:59 PM
It will be allright. It's going to get better.

Heres a big group hug to ya.

chubbdarter
06-16-2011, 02:00 PM
I hope winter comes fast and stays long

Calgarys_finest
06-16-2011, 02:06 PM
I had the morning booked off and went to Jumping pound anyways between 10am and noon i hooked 4 nice ones. I got soaked but i didnt really care.

WayneChristie
06-16-2011, 02:08 PM

was starting to like you :angry3:

chubbdarter
06-16-2011, 02:10 PM
was starting to like you :angry3:

hahaha....did that Rock your Dock wayne?

WayneChristie
06-16-2011, 02:14 PM
hahaha....did that Rock your Dock wayne?

much as I like ice fishing, Id still like to tan more than just my feet this year :sHa_sarcasticlol:

0liver
06-16-2011, 02:19 PM
I agree with chubbs. I have caught the majority of my quality fish [ie not looking anorexic] threw the ice in the past couple years. also, I enjoy ice fishing, its awesome when pidgeon or wab gets a nice glare and you can actually pull the truck up on the ice and blast tunes and just haul monster after monster out.:sHa_shakeshout:

GaryF
06-16-2011, 02:20 PM

When it snows in july, we are all gonna hunt you down, u know that right?? :shake:

chubbdarter
06-16-2011, 02:22 PM
When it snows in july, we are all gonna hunt you down, u know that right?? :shake:

remember when it snowed at the calgary stampede.....got nipply hard an fast

Fishfinder
06-16-2011, 05:56 PM

Not I Jedi, exact opposite for me:)

chubbdarter
06-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Not I Jedi, exact opposite for me:)

its snowing here.....whoot whoot

greylynx
06-16-2011, 07:11 PM

Thanks for the reminder Sunny. Oh boy.

Gust
06-16-2011, 08:01 PM
I've decided to treat this wet spell as if we just came out of hardwater season -and so?- as of now it is April in my brain.

If you look at radar/satelite imagery, there are spots in the eye of the system that are getting lotsa sun, including two favorite fishing spots,, don't know about the wind -mind you- but to heck with it.

Jwood 456
06-16-2011, 08:07 PM

Already happened over 10 years ago at Turner Valley.

Someone is in trouble...(JK):sHa_sarcasticlol:

Sundancefisher
06-16-2011, 08:14 PM
Global warming makes it colder...

We are doomed

Gust
06-16-2011, 08:17 PM
Already happened over 10 years ago at Turner Valley.

Someone is in trouble...(JK):sHa_sarcasticlol:

If we get below dewpoint it will snow and to be quite honest, there was a point today that felt like it would snow. I got caught in a weird squall between Red Deer and Edmonton some years back and it was like a super hot wall then super cold then super hot... I think they're called microbursts. But seriously, and stating the obvious, it's crummy out

but the bite is on all over the place

Gust
06-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Global warming makes it colder...

We are doomed

I have the book from the late 70's from East Anglia (the guys who fudged the numbers),, it's more to do with changing the peaks and valleys of weather systems over millenia (<sp?),, spikes and frequency of hot and cold spells,, but that's talk for the ice fishing tent.

I took a power nap and dreamed that I built a jon boat with a stove on it,, what could this mean???

WayneChristie
06-16-2011, 08:38 PM
I took a power nap and dreamed that I built a jon boat with a stove on it,, what could this mean???

instant shore lunch without the shore! better call the patent office!

Gust
06-16-2011, 08:39 PM
instant shore lunch without the shore! better call the patent office!

Hey Wayne??? Your in the eye of this weather system?? Did you get lotsa sun today??

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
06-16-2011, 11:54 PM

WOOOOHOOOO BRING ON DEER HUNTIN . And Elk .

I know what ya mean by rivers up and down up and down almost as often as well Never mind I wont go there LMAO

SonnyJ
06-16-2011, 11:59 PM
WOOOOHOOOO BRING ON DEER HUNTIN . And Elk .

I know what ya mean by rivers up and down up and down almost as often as well Never mind I wont go there LMAO

Atha-B is flowing high and fast...Won't be fishing for bulls till late summer now.
But that's ok...got me some lake fishing to do...:)

and 10-4 on the deer huntin'..:sHa_shakeshout:

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
06-17-2011, 12:49 AM
Atha-B is flowing high and fast...Won't be fishing for bulls till late summer now.
But that's ok...got me some lake fishing to do...:)

and 10-4 on the deer huntin'..:sHa_shakeshout:

Ill have to Pm you next week we should meet up for coffee if your gonna be in your town . Im headed to Cadomin . Ive been diein to shake your hand for sometime .

WayneChristie
06-17-2011, 07:45 AM
Hey Wayne??? Your in the eye of this weather system?? Did you get lotsa sun today??

it quit raining for a while, then started up again in the evening, not sure what you mean by "sun" I think thats just a myth :sign0176: