PDA

View Full Version : Lake Isle, winter kill or not

Kim473
06-17-2011, 06:43 AM
If anyone has fished this lake recently please let us know if it has winterkilled or not. We are all dying to know. I love the lake for the large perch. Even if you only catch a small pike we would like to know.

horsetrader
06-17-2011, 07:56 AM
If anyone has fished this lake recently please let us know if it has winterkilled or not. We are all dying to know. I love the lake for the large perch. Even if you only catch a small pike we would like to know.

Robins18
During June 5th derby at Camp He Ho Ha not one bite anywhere on lake by over 75 anglers. First skunk ever in my 33 years as a volunteer guide for disabled anglers. Hope I'm wrong, but suspect total winter kill, all species.

BGSH
06-18-2011, 12:09 AM
no fish there anymore

RapStaff
06-18-2011, 10:43 PM
I heard numbers in the area of 80- 90% winter kill.

Kim473
06-19-2011, 09:15 AM
I heard numbers in the area of 80- 90% winter kill.

Ouch. Well there goes my favorite perch lake for next winter, and many after that, like say 5 years. Will give it one try next winter but its not looking good. Too bad cause the eyes were starting to get really big and plentyfull, and nice 12" perch too.

Garry B
06-19-2011, 11:11 AM
Ouch. Well there goes my favorite perch lake for next winter, and many after that, like say 5 years.

Sure does. :( :( :( We're all gonna be significantly older by the time fishing comes back in that lake (and some others around here too). Hope I'm not too old and decrepit to fish by then. We had just recently found decent perch there after hunting hard and were excited about the prospects for the future and then for them to die off in the same year is a big disappointment. I guess there are lots of people feeling badly now ... Let's hope weather and other conditions are favorable and they make a good comeback. :sign0111:

FearNoFish
06-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Its also a huge bummer for everybody that got drawn for walleye tags. Sure wish I could get my money back or some new tags.

Fearnofish

Jwood 456
06-23-2011, 09:44 AM
That lake I beleive was one of the best walleye lakes west of Edmonton. That lake didn't seem to be overun with many scrawny walleye and the walleye I was catching out of there were still plump and a good size IMO.

Kim473
06-24-2011, 05:56 AM
That lake I beleive was one of the best walleye lakes west of Edmonton. That lake didn't seem to be overun with many scrawny walleye and the walleye I was catching out of there were still plump and a good size IMO.

There are / was tons of bait fish in there. Lots of nice eyes. Two winters ago my buddy caught about an 8 lb. while hunting perch. Last winter could'nt get to any of my fav spots, too much snow, so not much luck. Will give it a try next winter tho, You never know. Love the perch in there.