PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Lake Alberta

JJay61
06-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Anyone have or willing to share some hot spots on Beaver Lake by LacLabiche Alberta. I would like to know what tackle is hot and which bait to purchase. I have heard good things about the Walley fishing there and have never been so please share if you are willing

Remo
06-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Hi there,

I was actually there 2 weeks ago with a buddy. We camped on the very edge of the penisula that jets out north onto the lake and took the boat right by the southwestern edge of the island right in front of it. On my second Cast I caught a 46cm walleye. That was the biggest fish we caught over the 2 days we were there, but we did catch about 20-25 all together. None of them were keepers though.

I was using a double kicker jig that worked well for me. It was actually a great spot, I will definitely go back.

Good Luck!

puscrusher
06-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Anyone have or willing to share some hot spots on Beaver Lake by LacLabiche Alberta. I would like to know what tackle is hot and which bait to purchase. I have heard good things about the Walley fishing there and have never been so please share if you are willing

Fish is good in that lake- The native people from the area say that the ditches near the lake use to be home of the great white pearch. In their language it means good fishing :)

laker taker2
06-17-2011, 10:13 PM
all the lakes in that area are pretty good. pinehurst, seibert, touchwood. they all have nice fish. beaver is reservable which is nice and no brutal road to travel to get in. I'm sure someone can comment on specifics of this lake as its very well fished in the summer months.

JJay61
06-18-2011, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the updates, the lake is new for me so all the help is greatly appreciated. Puscrusher your white pearch stories are great. Thanks

kreator
06-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Follow the boats. Slip-bobber with a leech at 14 feet. Was out three times this past week and caught dozens and dozens of 46-49 cm walleye. Only caught one keeper (52 cm) all week. Still fun, though.

greylynx
06-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Crayfish immitations. Yes, there are crayfish in Beaver Lake.

savage_logan
06-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Try cotton cordell wally divers in 10-15 feet of water for walleye.

Princecraft164
06-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Go through the narrows and fish the rock pile in the 14ft range

highwood
06-19-2011, 10:14 AM
If you have never fished the lake before use caution if you plan on going through the narrows. Im not sure where the water level is at this year, but it can get a bit hairy if you don't know what you're doing. Take it slow. Beaver is loaded with structure, so if you have sonar and find some ledges, you will get into walleye. Just like Kreator said, follow the boats..

Princecraft164
06-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Easy enough to get through with a trolling motor, but yes the lake is full of structure. Watch out for the rock pile in the middle of the lake too. Sonar is a must in the lake.

kreator
06-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Yeah, it's worth emphasizing that you need to be very careful on this lake. Particularly at the narrows, but I'd argue it's not really worth the long trip to get there anyway. I usually catch all my fish within a 5 minute boat ride of the campsite boat launch.

JJay61
06-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks to all, I appreciate the help and advice. I am heading there for July long and am hoping to have at least one fish fry on the weekend!!

JJay61
06-24-2011, 08:33 AM
I drove up to beaver lake last night to check out the camping situation and found that there was no way to get a camper in the stalls. The stalls are 8 feet wide and maybe 20 feet long and the road was so narrow there would be no way to back in. If you are tenting it then it is ok. This was at the Spruce point campsite. Just a heads up for anyone thinking of camping there. When I called in they said that there was plenty of room to get motorhomes or trailers in to the stalls.......They lied!!!

Kim473
07-04-2011, 06:25 AM
Went to beaver on sat and sunday. Caught only one eye on sat but finaly found what they wanted on sunday. Just killed them, a fish every 5 mins all just under 4 lbs, all keeper size. The eyes are really nice and fat in there.