PDA

View Full Version : Ya Ha Tinda Red deer river

TheLegend
06-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Will be going there for a horse trip and will be doing some fishing. So my question just is how is the fishing there? good? bad?> fair?

Dust1n
06-17-2011, 10:02 PM
its pretty high from the rains we had

Burns
06-19-2011, 11:56 PM
The Upper Red Deer is in flood right now, it looks like chocolate milk, I don't think there will be any fishing there for a few weeks.

Hooker
06-20-2011, 11:42 AM
When the Red Deer is in flood STAY AWAY from the banks. There are too many undercuts on that river to take a chance on and if the bank collapses under you when that river is in flood best make sure you have your will up to date.

TheLegend
06-20-2011, 01:46 PM
You can still catch fish though? right? Also any tips for fishing high muddy water? what to use? Thanks

Dust1n
06-20-2011, 02:14 PM
1.up size your lure
2.add rattles/vibration
3.go bright with colors
4.slow down your presentation
5.fish the slower water beside the banks.the pike like to hold there during highwater or better yet find a little creek and fish there for the pike they come up there when the water is high.
Ask sheep guide he catches fish in highwater too...
*down to the bottom*the fish hold there because its less current they gotoswim in.
today at blindman the river rose about 3.5 feet and the the only things i was catching them on musky bucks with rattles in firetiger casting right on tothe bank.