PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton fishing.

Damien
06-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Well I just got back into fishing this year. My cousin moved out here to live and work with me so I now have a fishing partner. My questions is what lakes would you suggest we fish. We are looking for somewhere that the fish are generally pretty active. Doesn't matter if it's catch and release and we are not picky on the species. We just want suggestions within about 1 hour from edmonton. We have a canoe so we don't mind paddling out to good spots but also would like to find places to fish after work from shore during the week. Hermitage park has been pretty poor for us.

RapStaff
06-18-2011, 11:08 PM
Go to Pigeon, its mostly C&R but there are walleye everywhere.

Kim473
06-19-2011, 09:01 AM
Try Wabamun. With the canoe, only go on calm days tho as it is a big lake. Would be fun trying to get a twenty pound pike in a canoe. Might be like having a built in trolling motor. There are a lot of small pot hole trout lakes around the spruce grove area.

stvnda
06-19-2011, 09:10 AM
Cardiff Pond has been pretty good for hte past few weeks. I is about 15 North of the city on Hwy 28 (97 St). Most people fish with worms or power bait wiht bobber and hook or a pickeral rig, we have had hte most success with the flyrod.