PDA

View Full Version : Bee Guy in the K Lakes June 18

BeeGuy
06-18-2011, 11:43 PM
Pretty rainy today, but mild temps, and active fish.

Here's one pic.

Any guesses on the length or weight? It was about 5'' across on it's back pretty fat little guy.

I heeded the advice to wait for better conditions at the forks to shore fish, and the K lakes were great, tons of anglers, lots of flowers in blooms and plenty of action.

Gust
06-18-2011, 11:47 PM
Pretty rainy today, but mild temps, and active fish.

Here's one pic.

Any guesses on the length or weight? It was about 5'' across on it's back pretty fat little guy.

I heeded the advice to wait for better conditions at the forks to shore fish, and the K lakes were great, tons of anglers, lots of flowers in blooms and plenty of action.

You're really just here to create a mammoth thread that goes nowhere like the Seinfeld show.

All jokes aside, good photoshop,, have you considered a career in cardboard masks?

BeeGuy
06-18-2011, 11:53 PM
Hahaha, Well, I just saw the trend of people disguising their identities so I thought I'd be better safe than having the BC insurance corp running their fancy computer software on my image and tracking me down. Not too mention that horror show of a thread.

Too bad charr don't fight worth a damn.

fishing or sex?..Fishing
06-18-2011, 11:55 PM
You're really just here to create a mammoth thread that goes nowhere like the Seinfeld show.

All jokes aside, good photoshop,, have you considered a career in cardboard masks?

Gustav, your a funny guy, but why do you feel the need to pick on people?lol

Gust
06-19-2011, 12:04 AM
Gustav, your a funny guy, but why do you feel the need to pick on people?lol

it always happens when i sip wine,,, actually i rarely pick on people but today i feel a need to poke a few eyes,,, just not walleyes, hate em, scurge of the coarse fish.

i find bulls are bullier in streams and the smaller ones are nuts,,, my guess is it's harder to be a big tough bulltrout when you have a 2lb cutthroat in your stomach

BeeGuy
06-19-2011, 12:08 AM
Could be that. I find that bullies are pretty similar to lakers and browns in that, half of the time they try and roll their way to shore rather than use their fins to a tactical advantage.

Gust
06-19-2011, 12:15 AM
Could be that. I find that bullies are pretty similar to lakers and browns in that, half of the time they try and roll their way to shore rather than use their fins to a tactical advantage.

browns are a crapshoot fightwise and rainbows rarely dissappoint,, lakers are a 50/50 too,, but they're all so gorgeous.

npauls
06-19-2011, 01:43 AM
Thats a good lookin bull.

I think I will have to make my way up there and bonk a few of them this summer.:thinking-006:

BeeGuy
06-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Oh my god, that would be poaching maaaaaaannnn

jacenbeers
06-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Great catch. I think I am going to head to my spot there next weekend,

goldscud
06-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Nice fish, looks around 24-25" and 5-6 pounds

Daceminnow
06-19-2011, 10:33 PM
nice fish bee boy. looks like saturday afternoon, the morning was beautiful and calm. what was he eating?

Dace.

BeeGuy
06-19-2011, 10:54 PM
#3 silver vibrax cut down to a single point/hook.

She was a pretty good size, about 5'' across the back. My guess was 28-29''. For reference, my hard from the base of my thumb to the tip of my index finder is an even 7''. Looks a little better than 4 of those lengths. Pretty tough to judge size from a pic, as can be seen in some of the threads on this site.

We weren't so lucky with the cutties however.

maybe next time.

I'm looking for a used canoe right now, so hopefully we'll be covering a little more water our next visit.

How'd you make out? Lot's of guys seemed to be doing well with the cuts and bulls in the 2-4lb range.

Cheers

BeeGuy
06-19-2011, 11:12 PM
used some software and it worked out to 27.5''.

Someone I think mentioned the provincial record came out of that lake, when and how big was it? There's gotta be some 25lb'ers in the province.

Dust1n
06-20-2011, 08:22 AM
cool pic bee

BeeGuy
06-25-2011, 01:59 AM
Headed back, another great afternoon.

Still haven't found any cutties. But I haven't really been fishing for anything small, or in the upper lake. We got a male as well that was a fair bit larger than the first image I posted, but a quick release with no pic. These fish seem to be very sexually dimorphic.

The hen in the pic fought like crazy! What a pig. There goes my assumption that they just want to roll in to shore. Several long hard runs on that one.

Good Times.

Anyone have any luck at glenmore?

LB

ericlin0122
06-25-2011, 06:11 AM
Bull fights like sucker
Nice fish