PDA

View Full Version : Conditions at Travers Reservoir

deanna
06-19-2011, 07:07 AM
Headed out to Travers res tommorow, anyone know what the conditions are like after all this rain

Hooker
06-19-2011, 12:17 PM
You shouldn't have any trouble with the boat launch at the provincial campground but the weather forecast isn't the greatest.

Pike'n'walleye
06-19-2011, 12:42 PM
you will have lots of muddy water coming in from the creek! wind from the north and rain...don't go and save some gas. wait for better weather

deanna
06-19-2011, 01:19 PM
im going for a week, its better than chasing rigs

Pike'n'walleye
06-19-2011, 02:09 PM
im going for a week, its better than chasing rigs

you could try to fish at the north side of the lake and the spillway. if it doesnt work fish small bays and wolf coulee for pike.

deanna
06-19-2011, 02:44 PM
you could try to fish at the north side of the lake and the spillway. if it doesnt work fish small bays and wolf coulee for pike.

thanx for the info, thats what we'll do, wolf coulee is on the south side is'nt it, will post how we do

Pike'n'walleye
06-19-2011, 02:49 PM
thanx for the info, thats what we'll do, wolf coulee is on the south side is'nt it, will post how we do

yes it is big bay south of the spillway with lots of structure

chubbdarter
06-19-2011, 02:55 PM
never fished there but all reports its HOT!!!! Lindy rigging with leeches. Dark days on the flats adjacent to the river channel. Bright days in the channel itself. Slipbobbing dewwies is just starting to pick up.
Late evening cranks tossed on to the flats has punched a few nice fish

ogre
06-20-2011, 01:39 PM
Was down at Travers on Saturday with a couple of friends. Condition was dry, wind from the south, switching back to north wind later in the day.

Eyes were steady for me, but all under-sized. Just as we were packing to leave, my dead-stick hooked onto a large pike. I was able to bring it in close to shore but lost my pike rig, along with possibly my biggest pike to date, when the #10 clasp gave. I've updated my tackle, and looking forward to the weekend.

Any advice for a newbie to be more effective catching pikes?

fishnab
06-20-2011, 02:34 PM
Headed out to Travers res tommorow, anyone know what the conditions are like after all this rain

Deanna:
Camped this past weekend, bottom bouncing Wolf Coulee 12' - 25'. Go slow, use worms, leaches even minnows, all worked. Wife and I caught 40+ eyes on Friday. Boat control was very difficult Saturday with the gusty winds and not as many fish. Largest keeper was 62cm. Good luck.

chubbdarter
06-20-2011, 04:17 PM
if your there for the week.....give LBR a try for a short day trip. Average fsh is way up.....find the new growth and fish leeches