PDA

View Full Version : Kinglet Lake

Springer
06-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Has anyone been doing any alpine lake fishing out in the abraham lake area this year? Wondering how the snow pack is for hiking in right now. I am headed in there on Tuesday this week.
Also to the Flyfishing Guru's what should i be armed with for tackle in this catch and release lake?

Sbrooks
06-20-2011, 09:04 AM
I don't know if the ice would be off yet as you probably already heard that everything is late this year(or flooded)... I'm also sure you will encounter quite a bit of snow up there too!

Try nymphs and maybe some dries if they're looking up. If you want to be helpful for C&R, make sure the barbs are pinched. Once caught, always try to keep the trout in the water supported by a net while handling it. Revive it in the water back to strength and release...

Good luck!

smitty9
06-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Try nymphs and maybe some dries if they're looking up. If you want to be helpful for C&R, make sure the barbs are pinched.
Good luck!

Just to be clear, pinching the barbs is not only helpful, its the law. The sentence implies that pinching the barbs is left to the anglers discretion and is optional...

Cheers,
Smitty

Trekker
06-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Was up to Kinglet just after May long wkd and the ice was breaking up, still a ton of snow though. Was at Allstones lake last weekend and it was clear all the way up. The lake was well on its way for break up and is likely clear now.