PDA

View Full Version : which pond has the fish?

Maverick2097
06-22-2011, 09:24 AM
at carburn park, which pond has the pike, because i was there on sunday and i think i was fishing in the wrong pond

jts1
06-22-2011, 09:30 AM
Its the middle pond. But word on the street is it had some winter kill. I have never fished it in the summer. But killed a few afternoons there doing some hard water. Hammer handles and perch. The pond father down by the Bow is or was connected to the bow. Never know what you will get out of there. Bow was flowing hard maybe its all under water. Good spot to kill a few hrs but not a great fishery.

Okotokian
06-22-2011, 09:32 AM
I tried middle pond for about an hour about ten days ago. Zero bites. Could have just been me though.

FishBrain
06-22-2011, 11:33 AM
I have seen some GIANT browns in the pond that is now conected to the Bow. Had a little hammer handle on in the middle pond, this was all last year tho

Adamd
06-22-2011, 11:45 AM
The north pond has pike and some browns. I fished it last Friday and got 5 hammer handles and seen a huge brown swim by right in front of me.

ogre
06-22-2011, 11:59 AM
The middle pond had a severe winterkill. There were fish carcasses all over the banks in April. I'm just glad to hear reports that there are still fish in it. Thought I'll let it rest for this year to recover. Your best bet is to try the pond connected to the Bow.

Toirtis
06-22-2011, 02:39 PM
North pond has always had the most and largest pike.

Pike'n'walleye
06-23-2011, 12:23 AM
Next winter.... to prevent winterkill i am thinking of coming down and drilling a few holes. There needs to be oxygen in the water

stc77
06-23-2011, 01:17 AM
Next winter.... to prevent winterkill i am thinking of coming down and drilling a few holes. There needs to be oxygen in the water

it's not just the holes that would help prevent winter kill. A lot of it is the fact that there was so much snow on the ice for so long this year, that the plants that stay throughout the winter weren't getting the sun that they needed in order to produce enough oxygen... and it took too long for sun to get through so that the plants could even grow at all. Maybe while you are drilling holes, you can shovel snow off the ice as well ;)

alodar
06-23-2011, 04:36 AM
it's not just the holes that would help prevent winter kill. A lot of it is the fact that there was so much snow on the ice for so long this year, that the plants that stay throughout the winter weren't getting the sun that they needed in order to produce enough oxygen... and it took too long for sun to get through so that the plants could even grow at all. Maybe while you are drilling holes, you can shovel snow off the ice as well ;)

Lol:scared0018:

ogre
06-23-2011, 08:29 AM
Ok, will do what Pike said, and shovel the snow whenever I have time. No promises though. :)