PDA

View Full Version : Fly patterns

flyfishing only 902
06-23-2011, 10:47 AM
im just wondering if anyone knows of a good website for pattern recipes and would prefer pics as well. would be very helpful as most of the flies im using are new to me and im getting a little tired of trying to duplicate the ones i bought without knowing exactly whats used and where.
thank you in advance for any help :)

Dust1n
06-23-2011, 10:49 AM
http://www.sfotf.ca/

the website covers bassicly everything. from how to fish it to how to tie it!

flyfishing only 902
06-23-2011, 10:55 AM
wow very nice
thanks a lot. ill post some pics of what i tie . including a few of my own versions of flies. especially the one ive been having a hard time not having huge bows destroy ;)

Dust1n
06-23-2011, 11:42 AM
wow very nice
thanks a lot. ill post some pics of what i tie . including a few of my own versions of flies. especially the one ive been having a hard time not having huge bows destroy ;)

sounds good i would like to see that fly

Kingfisher
06-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Some good step by step flies at this link. http://www.flyfishingtechniques.co/

Rob

scudman
06-23-2011, 12:21 PM
Search up some of my previous posts, I posted step by step pictures and materials lists.

flyfishing only 902
06-23-2011, 01:26 PM
thank you for all the responses
ill post some pics as soon as i come up with some names for them :p

flyfishing only 902
06-23-2011, 02:47 PM

flyfishing only 902
06-23-2011, 02:54 PM
the first 2 pictures are of a fly im calling the "chambers emerger" i have been fishing it in size 8 10 and 12 . look for trout that are feeding just under the surface. cast and strip quite fast. the takes are explosive . this fly has kept my line tight in the past week when nothing else seemed to work.
the third picture or secound fly is more or less just a wolly that my girlfriend suggested i wrap the body with the same flash tinsel i was using in the tail. i have caught a few lunkers on this fly and love the look of it in the water.
the third fly was one i cam up with a few years ago and is meant to imitate small cutts. i have caught some of my largest cutts on this fly and i plan on tying it in very large sizes and seeing if the bullies like it.

sorry about picture quality as the only camera i have atm is my cell.