PDA

View Full Version : Camping and Fishing

Huzil
06-23-2011, 11:56 AM
Hello everyone! I have a weeks holidays coming up (not that anyone cares). I was looking for a great campsite and an amazing lake to go fishing at. We are tenters and we have a boat. With us being gone for a week its nice to have a site with showers.

If you could let me know why you have made the suggestions that you have made that would be great. I sure others would also appreciate.

Cheers

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
06-23-2011, 12:04 PM
Pigeon Lake , that is if you can get a spot , Or Long Lake prov Park , just South of Boyle is another good spot both have very nice camp sites . And fishing is good to .

Daceminnow
06-23-2011, 12:11 PM
if you're in the north, carson pp nw of whitecourt is beautiful. great sites, leave you rig right in the water at some sites. good trout fishing, and you can even enjoy a meal of fish if you desire.

Dace

Walleye101
06-23-2011, 12:18 PM
Carson Lake gets my vote if you are tenting!! I used to do alot of tenting there in my younger days. Absoulutely gorgeous walk in sites there!!

shayne
06-23-2011, 12:23 PM
Marten River Provincial Park on Slave Lake just re-opened for the summer and there were lots of available spots on Tuesday. This is a beautiful campground, big sites, showers & power with a great beach and excellent walleye and jack fishing. They don't have a boat launch so depnding on the size of boat you can hoof it down to the beach or if you need a launch you can put in at Slave River and boat to the campground.

Enjoy your vacation!

Braun
06-23-2011, 01:16 PM
do what im planning on doing. Load boat up with all your camping gear. Pick a lake that is not necisarily accessible all the way around. do your research and find a coulee or a bay where water cant reach you. shore/moor the boat at night and bush camp. I personally dont like being around a ton of other people acting like asshats while camping and I dont want to bug others if I have too much to drink and become one myself. Would also save you the trouble of wait times to launch a boat the second day.

I will do this a couple times this year hopefully.

Huzil
06-23-2011, 06:09 PM
do what im planning on doing. Load boat up with all your camping gear. Pick a lake that is not necisarily accessible all the way around. do your research and find a coulee or a bay where water cant reach you. shore/moor the boat at night and bush camp. I personally dont like being around a ton of other people acting like asshats while camping and I dont want to bug others if I have too much to drink and become one myself. Would also save you the trouble of wait times to launch a boat the second day.

I will do this a couple times this year hopefully.

Thats sounds like the best idea!

mesofluk
06-23-2011, 06:26 PM
I heard Black Nugget lake is good, there are site around half the lake that have no hook up, but do offer full hook-up on the other side of the tenting spots that are very close to the water, and it stocked with trout. I haven't been there but a guy at work swears by it. I'm thinking of checking it out, has anyone been there? Electric motors only, and it used to be a old quarry style mine. the first drop is around 20-25ft. I have a tent that goes in to the back of the truck box so i can just back towards the water and give-her.

If anyone has any info on the lake please let me know.

mudbug
06-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Carson Lake gets my vote if you are tenting!! I used to do alot of tenting there in my younger days. Absoulutely gorgeous walk in sites there!!

X2 It's a great place to go and has nice tenting spots and full facilities :)

flyfishing only 902
06-23-2011, 08:43 PM
X2 It's a great place to go and has nice tenting spots and full facilities :)

ya i just checked out the carson pegasus website and i think i will def be making a trip in the coming weeks. thanks again for info

Walleye101
06-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Black Nugget is a quiet liitle place. It used to be a coal mine. You really don't need a boat there because you can pretty much cast right across the lake everywhere. I'm not sure i'd even call it a lake. It's more like a ravine that twists and turns through the park. I have heard stories of 10 plus pound rainbows there? They do not taste good either. Very muddy taste. Gross.

Huzil
06-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Thanks! This is a lot of great info.

kidd
06-24-2011, 02:19 PM
Black Nuggett Lake will not make you a happy camper. The other lakes are much better in terms of surroundings. As mentioned, Black Nuggett is an old mine and it is very small, no trees, user pay (private lake), etc. I doubt there are showers. Its like camping in a pasture. Oh ya and the fish are pretty fussy there too.
kidd

flyfishing only 902
06-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Black Nuggett Lake will not make you a happy camper. The other lakes are much better in terms of surroundings. As mentioned, Black Nuggett is an old mine and it is very small, no trees, user pay (private lake), etc. I doubt there are showers. Its like camping in a pasture. Oh ya and the fish are pretty fussy there too.
kidd

x2

Huzil
06-25-2011, 12:27 PM
thanks

trevoroni
06-25-2011, 02:04 PM
We went out to Rock Lake (http://www.albertaparks.ca/siteinformation.aspx?id=215) North of Hinton last summer and it was great! Lots of hiking in the Wilmore Wilderness Park. Good fishing in Rock lake if it's not windy. It's a little off the beaten path too so as long as it's not a long weekend it should be pretty quiet.