PDA

View Full Version : revelstroke reservoir

goose
06-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Hello all, I am headed to revelstroke with a friend the 2nd last week of July and will be fishing the reservoir north of town. Neither of us have ever fished it. If anyone would be so kind as to tell us what works in this big piece of water I would really appreciate that. I would like to catch my first kokanee salmon if there are any in the lake. Are there lake trout in that body of water, what types of fish live in this body of water.

thanks in advance for the help folks!

Goose :)

Braun
06-23-2011, 01:12 PM
I am also curious on this one. I love fishing mountain lakes.

Gust
06-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Sir Tacklerunner, is out fishing right now and unattainable,, I suggest you ask him through here or wait until you see his name pop up online,, He's quite knowledeable on that stretch of the interior.

Braun
06-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Sir Tacklerunner, is out fishing right now and unattainable,, I suggest you ask him through here or wait until you see his name pop up online,, He's quite knowledeable on that stretch of the interior.

hmmm. sounds like me and todd now have a date....... I just bbmed him

chubbdarter
06-23-2011, 01:49 PM

this would of been the perfect time to have written a post...no one understood

Gust
06-23-2011, 01:59 PM
this would of been the perfect time to have written a post...no one understood

I don't understand.

Braun
06-23-2011, 02:13 PM
I don't understand.

he wanted you to keep tight lipped about the lake and those with information about it....... i think. Either that or he was commenting on your spelling...

"knowledeable"

Gust
06-23-2011, 02:17 PM
he wanted you to keep tight lipped about the lake and those with information about it....... i think. Either that or he was commenting on your spelling...

"knowledeable"

oooo, I hate making mistakes in spelling. But that's chunky heft of water to worry about, pretty deep and menacing too.

Braun
06-23-2011, 02:25 PM
gus, when we getting out together again? are you waiting for me to finish the boat or what? the rivers are pretty tough right now

Gust
06-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Family and work seem to be dogging my want to get out,, I can't even plan a month ahead,, will keep you posted.

The Fisherman Guy
06-23-2011, 04:23 PM
If you are hanging out in the 'Stroke, the fishing can be hit and miss. The town is nice in the summer though.

When it is good, it's good. When it's not so good, it's a tackle washing adventure. If you like adventures, you will enjoy yourself regardless of what or how much you catch. Because of the limited access, you will have more luck with a boat.

Good luck and post pics of your trip when you return!

goose
06-24-2011, 07:41 AM
I do have a 12 foot boat to use but I have never fished in a BC lake so I have no idea what to use when trolling other than a 5 o diamonds for the dollies or trout that may swim in that reservoir. Is deeper better?
goose

Shanmugam
06-24-2011, 11:17 AM
If you are talking about Lake Revelstoke, yes I've been there once. very beautiful and DEEP lake ..i think it goes for more than 400 feet at the middle point. If you go the the town of Revelstoke there have all that you need to catch a kokanee. I did that and they provided all the info I needed. You need a few stuff to attract the fish. Then all you need to find the right depth.