PDA

View Full Version : Have you (fisherman) ever got a traffic ticket?

hit1987
06-23-2011, 07:04 PM
I am not a Canada-born Canadian. A couples of years ago, I was preparing the citizenship test. There are a few learning material books. One is "A Look At Canada/Canadian". A few words on the front pages caught my attention, respect, polite, and compromise.

Now on this forum, very few fishermen tend to lose their manner easily and tend to favour some rude words.

We are all human and have weakness and temptation. For instance, I got three traffice tickets in the past nine years in Calgary (not a single on purpose, all by mistake). Wondering any fisherman here can stand up say never had a traffice ticket no matter on purpose or not.

Gust
06-23-2011, 07:14 PM
I am not a Canada-born Canadian. A couples of years ago, I was preparing the citizenship test. There are a few learning material books. One is "A Look At Canada/Canadian". A few words on the front pages caught my attention, respect, polite, and compromise.

Now on this forum, very few fishermen tend to lose their manner easily and tend to favour some rude words.

We are all human and have weakness and temptation. For instance, I got three traffice tickets in the past nine years in Calgary (not a single on purpose, all by mistake). Wondering any fisherman here can stand up say never had a traffice ticket no matter on purpose or not.

I'm not sure what the question is??? But I got a ticket for turning at a light at 4:32pm and when 4:30pm was for no traffic turns. I won and didn't have to pay as the time the ticket was for, was considered unreasonable.

as far as fisherfolk flaming, well it's because we'd rather be fishing withline rather than reading about fishing online. We're grumpier outdoorsmen.

Kokanee9
06-23-2011, 09:13 PM
So...what are you getting at?

Your not from Canada, you read a book, some fishermen tend to use a couple select rude words, you got 3 traffic tickets, and who else on here got traffic tickets?

I have never gotten a traffic ticket as a fisherman.

I was operating a vehicle once and got a ticket for driving the wrong way on a one way. I explained to the judge that I had backed up in reverse on a designated shoulder on the side of the road a distance of 40 feet. He threw the ticket out because contrary to what the Calg. policeman told me, you are able to back up, provided certain conditions are met.

I'm not sure what this has to do with fishing, but I'm not sure what your question has to do with fishing either. I guess make sure you don't run over your fishing rod if you back up!

chubbdarter
06-23-2011, 09:17 PM
got a ticket once in Sweet Grass Mont. for watering the ditch grass

bloopbloob
06-23-2011, 09:23 PM

Just curious, who gets tickets on purpose.......?

Well besides chubbdarter, who was obviously trying to help nitrify the soil, at his own expense.

Daceminnow
06-23-2011, 09:33 PM
got a ticket once in Sweet Grass Mont. for watering the ditch grass

that just might explain your extra anxiousness during road side breaks.................

chubbdarter
06-23-2011, 09:40 PM
that just might explain your extra anxiousness during road side breaks.................

ahahhahahahhaa...we were in hostile territory

GeoTrekr
06-23-2011, 10:29 PM
Been driving for over 11 years.

I have never had a traffic ticket issued (either pulled over or photo) :innocent:

(I have once been pulled over at 4:00am on my way to work on the suspicion I was involved in a fight that I had absolutely nothing to do with however)

I can spot a cruiser/trap from miles away, and failing that, a good radio scanner works far better than those useless radar detectors that inform you when you've been caught... :evilgrin:

That said, I'm not reckless and I don't speed excessively either (109 on a 100 type of deal, which usually means I'm keeping up, or just a bit slower, than the usual flow. IN THE RIGHT LANE OF COURSE, using the left lane only to pass when required).

Thinlizzy
06-24-2011, 08:09 AM
Been driving for over 11 years.

I have never had a traffic ticket issued (either pulled over or photo) :innocent:

(I have once been pulled over at 4:00am on my way to work on the suspicion I was involved in a fight that I had absolutely nothing to do with however)

I can spot a cruiser/trap from miles away, and failing that, a good radio scanner works far better than those useless radar detectors that inform you when you've been caught... :evilgrin:

That said, I'm not reckless and I don't speed excessively either (109 on a 100 type of deal, which usually means I'm keeping up, or just a bit slower, than the usual flow. IN THE RIGHT LANE OF COURSE, using the left lane only to pass when required).
Geez I wish more people would drive like that. Many times I see drivers going 100K in the left lane with out a care in the world. Use it to pass then get the heck out of the way!:)

NSRfishing
06-24-2011, 08:27 AM
never had a ticket i also hate when people on the left lane pull up right beside you on the highway whats up with that?

huntin'fool
06-24-2011, 09:55 AM

This is just strange.................................there is no nexus between the items listed in your..."story?"

People get traffic tickets occasionally...what does this have to do with fishing.

ak-71
06-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Well, I am a not-Canada-born not-Canadian. Didn't have any tickets yet.
My wife had, but she is not a fisherman - go figure.
Hope that helps...

Bound2Fish
06-24-2011, 11:09 AM
I see a big disconnect from your story linking with you traffic tickets, I have no idea what you are trying to say. How does the one compare with the other?

ak-71
06-24-2011, 11:23 AM
I didn't get it either, but I still expressed polite attention and respect to the poster :)

huntin'fool
06-24-2011, 11:33 AM
I didn't get it either, but I still expressed polite attention and respect to the poster :)

How sweet of you ak-71, what a gentleman...............

Lefty-Canuck
06-24-2011, 01:28 PM
I think the OP is saying people break rules by accident and not on purpose and that we should be easy on rule breakers and not give them a hard time because they come by their stupidity honestly? or am I reading into it too much?

Thus drawing the reference to rule abiding fishinerman who will get speeding tickets not on purpose.....but thats where the theory falls apart because people speeding typically KNOW it is wrong....

Confused yet? I am.....

:) LC

slivers86
06-24-2011, 05:42 PM
When you get your license, you assume the responsibility of driving, and the rules of the road, and you are expected to practice them. When you obtain a fishing license, hunting, or whatever, you are EXPECTED to practice the sport within the rules.

Where the 'fine' idea comes into play.. It doesn't matter if its by accident, or on purpose, justice system should make an example out of everyone found committing an offence, whether it be traffic safety act, or environmental protection, or a poaching violation. It takes 2 minutes to open your book and check the regs on the water you are fishing, and its very easy to do...

This topic is a no brainer, can't find sympathy for you bud, use common sense. The Law in Canada is based on 'what the average person would perceive to be wrong (criminal offence).'