PDA

View Full Version : Bonnyville Area Fishing/Camping.

juanveldez23
06-23-2011, 10:22 PM
Hey guys,

Brand new to the site as I moved out to Alberta recently from NS. I am living in Wainwright AB and am looking for a decent lake up around Cold Lake / Bonnyville area for the long weekend coming up. I am looking for a place with a decent boat launch as I only have a 2 wheel drive Ford Ranger, boat is a 14.5 Fiberglass 4 seater. I will be heading up with my gf and another couple, we are hoping to do some pike/walleye fishing. Any help would be great. I have heard Crane Lake and Muriel Lake. Has anyone been to either of these lakes this year? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

pickrel pat
06-23-2011, 10:42 PM
i hear marie is good for walleye. its right beside cold lake.

fitzy
06-23-2011, 10:49 PM
It all depends on what you're looking for, Muriel used to be a great lake for swimming and boating but has dried up over the years. Crane is a good lake for fishing and boating but can be crazy busy for camping. I'd recommend Frog lake they have new management and its so nice we signed up for a yearly lot. The fishing isn't great but the lake is huge with great beaches and its not very busy at all. We fish at a couple smaller lakes close to Frog Lake and have had great luck this year so far. If you won't do Frog the other lakes in the area I'd recommend are
Cold Lake
Marie Lake
Pierce Lake
Moose Lake
Tucker Lake
Kehewin Lake
Wolf Lake
It all depends on how far you want to travel and what you want to do when you get there.

JJay61
06-24-2011, 08:29 AM
I phoned the Alberta Parks line and the only campsites that are available to book are on Moose Lake and there are 3 left. There are campsites that are first come first serve but then you are taking a chance. Moose has great walley and pike fishing and good boat launches. Book now or you might be camping in a ditch! lol