PDA

View Full Version : Pierce Lake Sask

JJay61
06-24-2011, 08:40 AM
I need some help, I am heading up to Pierce Lake next weekend and have a couple of campers/fishermen that would like to catch some walley. I have only ever fished lakers in there and have no clue where to start to find the Walley. Anyone know this lake and have a couple of spots to try? Thanks to all who help

TJG
06-25-2011, 04:24 PM
I need some help, I am heading up to Pierce Lake next weekend and have a couple of campers/fishermen that would like to catch some walley. I have only ever fished lakers in there and have no clue where to start to find the Walley. Anyone know this lake and have a couple of spots to try? Thanks to all who help

There are no walleye in Pierce, or very few.
Lac de Isles has lots of walleye.
Just contact the campground rental office.

JJay61
06-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the reply, I have seen guys with walley at the lake but they seem to be far and few between. Thanks again!!

Crossfire
06-26-2011, 04:47 PM
i have been fishing pierce lake every year for 15 years and can tell you from experience that it is very hard to find the walleye and there are very few you will have better luck at lac.

JJay61
06-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Are there perch and Jack? it is hard to believe that there is limited walley in a lake that is tied to the cold river. I fish the mouth of the cold river and the bay that is right at the mouth for Walley in Cold Lake all the time and slay the walley. I would have though that there would be vast amounts in Pierce!!! Well I guess I will target the Jack, Pearch (if there are) and Lakers then. Do you have any suggestions for those?

pickrel pat
06-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Are there perch and Jack? it is hard to believe that there is limited walley in a lake that is tied to the cold river. I fish the mouth of the cold river and the bay that is right at the mouth for Walley in Cold Lake all the time and slay the walley. I would have though that there would be vast amounts in Pierce!!! Well I guess I will target the Jack, Pearch (if there are) and Lakers then. Do you have any suggestions for those?

can you drive to the cold river mouth? or need boat?

JJay61
06-27-2011, 08:59 PM
I know you can drive to the Cold River on Cold lake but I dont know Pierce lake all that well and actually from what I remember I dont think you can get there from the road at Pierce. The walley are starting to move out of the river but I caught a 10lbs Laker in 8 feet of water there last weekend on a 5 of diamonds. I was in a boat but you could cast to where I caught him. We caught lots of Jack nothing all that big, about 12 lbs was the big guy and lots of 5-8lbs.

laker taker2
06-27-2011, 09:45 PM
we stayed at pierce in late june last year and drove the gravel road to the cold river campground. the boat launch is a beach launch so make sure you have 4WD. you can fish walleye in that bay as you know. if you go through the shallow river and under the bridge to the back bay of pierce you can catch pike in there, its shallow and weedy. my buddy caught one small walleye on a spinner bait. its the only walleye i have seen come out of pierce. Even the pike are harder than normal to find because the water is so clear. great spot though.

laker taker2
06-27-2011, 10:04 PM
in my previous post i mentioned the cold lake campground at the cold river. was in and out to launch a boat. anyone ever camped there? curious if its nice or not