PDA

View Full Version : Anyone caught a Pike on a bober connected to a treble hook?

Dust1n
06-24-2011, 01:57 PM
i was fishing sylvan last year with a smelt and bober and i got a pike to hit the bober it reminded me today and quaded over to the river beside my house and i caught 1 had 3-4 strikes in the calm water. If the river was lower mabe more hits.

Lefty-Canuck
06-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Definitly seen it done....although thats not my method for catching them.

LC

DiehardFishingMan
06-24-2011, 02:49 PM
3 years ago, at Lake Newell, I saw some people caught big pike using the set up as what you descript in your post. They were fishing on the dam at the north end of the lake.

coorslight
06-24-2011, 03:07 PM
ya use a bober and piece of a weiner and caught lots of the shore super good lake though. the lake x everyone speaks of haha

Grizzly Adams
06-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Heard about a guy, who dropped his false teeth, over the side of his boat. Pike had em before they hit bottom.:lol: Once caught a 6 " pike on a 5" spoon. There's a reason they call them Slough Sharks.:lol:

Grizz

WayneChristie
06-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Caught at least 50 this last week with a bobber and a treble and sometimes a single hook, right at our campsite, ran out of smelts really quick and ended up using little strips of weiner. Also had one take the bobber instead of the bait!

trigger7mm
06-25-2011, 11:13 PM
One time at Moose Lake we were fishing for perch with worms under bobbers and it started to pour rain. Fired up the motor and headed to shore while just leaving out our gear. The bobbers were skipping behind the boat and 3 or 4 times pike would come up and jump out of water trying to eat them. It was neat to see.

BGSH
06-25-2011, 11:18 PM
umm would not use a treble hook for any bait fishing, but yea a worm with a single hook can catch anything and even pike, i never really use bait though but i know ppl who do and do great with it, gluck

Cal
06-26-2011, 09:07 AM
I've caught more big pike, and seen even more big pike get caught, on large dead baits than on all my favorite lures put togeather. I would say that somthing like 80% of the realy big pike I've seen caught were taken with bait, this is especily amazing because I use lures 90% of the time. A 10-13" sardine under a bobber is about the best way to catch a big pike IMO, you wont get alot of bites but the ones you do get will be big. Look at some of the european fishing forums, over there its no big secret, you want big pike you use bait.

WillyOneStyle
06-26-2011, 09:22 AM
At burbank, about ten years ago, I tossed a bobber with a wet fly under it into the Blindman/Red Deer. (I've honed my skills since then). This was a big 1 1/4" bobber, for casting I guess, and a large pike unexpectedly took it. I panicked, tried to set the hook, and the line snapped instantly. about five minutes later that bobber floated back up.

thorne
06-26-2011, 09:24 AM
Last year me and my son were fishing Long lake. We dropped anchor about 30 feet off shore and pulled out the stove to get some eats on the go. I look over and he is hooking up a bobber rig with a worm blob and tossing it out....I ask him what the heck he is doing and he says in that teen age cool guy attitude....Im kicking it old school for some down time! He then kicks up his feet in the bow loungers tips his hat over his eyes and gets comphy...Im like ok we are in 22 feet of water and he has about 3 feet between his bobber and worm blob....what ever...in about 5 minutes he jumps up from his chair and reel in a really nice walleye....fine I said that was just luck. He proceeded to pull in 5 more in about 20 minutes.....same way. I dropped minow rigs down..nothing, then rubber jigs, all kinds of rigs and nothing....but a worm suspended from a bobber was killing them....Also at Wabamun its awsome to hook up a herring on a bobber and just sit back soak up some sun (if we had any this year) and let the breeze blow your bait around and wait for the "PLOP"!! FISH ON!! If you shore fish and the wind is off shore you can use asmall plastic pop bottle to let the wind blow your bait out for you kinda seems tacky...but it really works well. Befor I had my boat I did this lots an had results..nothing is cheezy...if it works!

-JR-
06-26-2011, 10:06 AM
Wabasca bridge in winter when it did not freeze over because of the flow between the two lake produced some realy nice pike on a bobber