PDA

View Full Version : Jackfish lake(near edmonton)

Princecraft164
06-24-2011, 07:59 PM
Just wondering if anyone had some advice of where to fish on the lake? This will be my first time going.

Thanks

horsetrader
06-24-2011, 09:05 PM
Just wondering if anyone had some advice of where to fish on the lake? This will be my first time going.

Thanks

I've never had any luck at Jackfish and gave up fishing there when they raised the parking to $20 the same at wizard this year

1bluZebec
06-24-2011, 09:24 PM
I have been there lots and always seem to have a good time. For me I found that if you head out from the boatlaunch and just troll along the shoreline where all the houses and docks are about 100 ft out all the way around to the small island with the turn sign on it and go around behind it and then again continue on roughly 100ft out you should do fine for walleye. Also strait out from the boat launch behind the big island is supposed to be good. I have all my luck trolling with jigs. My favorite is a black jig with yellow,black or white head. Five of diamonds works good to for both the walleye and pike. Good luck. :)

Daceminnow
06-24-2011, 10:08 PM
the water drops off nicely under the power line, west shore across from the launch.

w_worbeck
06-24-2011, 11:13 PM
Jack is fine for fishing cost to much to park after 4 on weekdays and all day on weekends.bugs me that a county can charge for access to a federal resource. But I can ask for them to fix up access to some of the other lakes that need it and they don't.I refuse to pay for lake access.

Deano
06-25-2011, 04:34 AM
It's my favorite lake around Edmonton. Last three times this year have been about 40 fish with a 2 to 1 walleye to pike ratio. Big pike are rare but are definitely there if you put in the time. 3-4lb walleye are the norm with the odd 6lb plus.
Key to the lake is exploring!!! The spot I fish we rarely see a boat around us. Find the fish and a slip bobber and jig minnow combo will keep you busy.

-JR-
06-25-2011, 05:11 AM
Heard you can launch your boat for free after a certain hour during the week as no one is around to collect. Is this correct ?
If so just might head out after work some day and do an evening fish on a friday night .

Smokey
06-25-2011, 01:22 PM
Best Little Lake around Edmonton. The $20 dollar fee is bogus, and it would be palatable if I knew the lady who ran the gate would also clean the crappers regularly, and the launch and campground was improved a bit. The money goes into the communities pocket, I guess. They need help paying for their million dollar lakefront properties.

I still front the cash once or twice a year or go a Wednesday afternonn when the lake is free to use. I have no issue with the wakeboarders, being ive enjoyed my share of the sport over the years, but lake sucks to fish in the evening or on Sundays. The lake is good fishery, and its not uncommom to have 20-40 fish days Ive heard. Ive had 10 fish days there, and caught a number of Walleye.

Fish spoons, or jigheads with bait and you'll have success. Trolling the Island usually leads to some hammerheads. Hit about 13-17 feet deep, out from the Island towards the boat launch, and you might hook inot some 2-5 pound Walleye with a jighead and minnow. The Husky on the Fifth Meridian in Stony usually is a good place to get some minnows...

Smokey
06-25-2011, 01:28 PM
After a certain hour the lady comes out to collect fees from all the cars who got in for free and stays to hose the rest who come at peak times. You wanna get in for free to fish, the morning on weekday is the best time to beat the lady and leave before she gets outta a bed I think, or the lady will get ya...I really don't know if she stays past 10:00 at night.

1bluZebec
06-25-2011, 11:30 PM
The key is to get there before 4pm and dont leave till after dark or at dark and you wont have to pay. We did it as much as we could last year. Whenever we got off work early. This year may be different. The 20 dollars is bs though. Nothing for the money except to park. Sorry i guess you get a little colored card too.lol

BGSH
06-25-2011, 11:56 PM
never heard of paying to go to a lake, does someone own the lake, like were gonna pay to go to a lake, thats so stupid, not buying it at all.

Deano
06-26-2011, 01:21 AM
$20 charge is in effect weekdays 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm. I believe the weekends it starts at 10:00 am but not sure because I usually head out during the week and am out of there by 3:00. If you get there and shes not there she will collect on the way out. If I do pay I always get a card/receipt off of her. I think it's the way she is monitored by the county.

grind stone
06-26-2011, 04:10 AM
I've never had any luck at Jackfish and gave up fishing there when they raised the parking to $20 the same at wizard this year

Holey Hell $$ 20 :scared0018::scared0018::scared0018:

-JR-
06-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Would not mind paying if it had a paved boat launch and a merina to park your boat while having a fish fry .

prodogg02
07-01-2011, 08:12 PM
not a bad lake i been there 2 times in the last week and had great luck with pearch jack and walleys all nice size to