PDA

View Full Version : Big Knife Prov Park

CeeZee
06-27-2011, 08:40 AM
:sHa_shakeshout:So we are heading out to the park for one night and doing some shore fishing, anyone have any tips on where a guy could go around or near the campground? Any tips greatly appreciated!!

mitchell
06-27-2011, 05:14 PM
I don't know of any spot in the campground but around the bridge on the highway can be an alright area.

Flyfisher87
06-27-2011, 06:23 PM
I don't know of any spot in the campground but around the bridge on the highway can be an alright area.

There is a boat launch in the campground past the ball diamond that will put you on the reservoir. Never tried wetting a line there though.

mitchell
06-27-2011, 06:30 PM
there is also another bridge to the access of the power plant that you could fish at on the north side. It is about a 5 minute drive away at most that you could try. And the diplomat trout pond is on the north side of the valley along the highway across from the old mine equipment that you could also try out.

CeeZee
06-28-2011, 09:38 PM
So back from a great 2 short days there, and unfortunately could not get my internet going down there so wasnt able to see these posts but thank you guys. So I threw some cast around noon at the river thru the campground boatlaunch(couldnt the evening b4 cuz the wrong wind) but had no sucess, we were gonna go by the bridge but had the trailer on and no where to park lol, we drove east of the power plant but decide that was too far a walk for our kids at the end of the day. So we wondered over to the trout pond to get skunked there. Others were catching but once again the wind was against us due to limited spots between other fisherpeople, we didnt want to be too close to others as there were 4 of us, 1 dog and then family of 6 friends and half a dog. But all in all it was a good time and great weather. very nice quiet place there at Big Knife, only one playground for the whole place and its far away from the campsites, but thats my only complaint i guess.

Flyfisher87
06-28-2011, 10:01 PM
So back from a great 2 short days there, and unfortunately could not get my internet going down there so wasnt able to see these posts but thank you guys. So I threw some cast around noon at the river thru the campground boatlaunch(couldnt the evening b4 cuz the wrong wind) but had no sucess, we were gonna go by the bridge but had the trailer on and no where to park lol, we drove east of the power plant but decide that was too far a walk for our kids at the end of the day. So we wondered over to the trout pond to get skunked there. Others were catching but once again the wind was against us due to limited spots between other fisherpeople, we didnt want to be too close to others as there were 4 of us, 1 dog and then family of 6 friends and half a dog. But all in all it was a good time and great weather. very nice quiet place there at Big Knife, only one playground for the whole place and its far away from the campsites, but thats my only complaint i guess.

Sorry you came up fishless. I enjoy the campground there too. Been there a few times. There used to be some walk in tenting sites there as well. Not sure if they are still open or not. Lots of hiking trails too.

CeeZee
06-30-2011, 07:45 AM
Yup still are those walk in tenting, great place, we will go back, hopefully i can get my self a boat soon.