PDA

View Full Version : Lesser Slave Lake (Hilliard's Bay Provincial Park)

sh0wn
06-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Hello,

My son and I will be heading up to Grouard area to do some fishing. We will be renting a boat from Shaw's point for 1 day and shore fishing on another day.

Can you tell me where would be good spots to take the boat?
Also where would be some good spots to fish from shore? (I've previously fished from the HWY 750 bridge)

Thanks in advance.

firegod74
06-27-2011, 09:54 AM
There are always boats straight out from the Shaws Point beach. Or head towards Hilliards. There is a hole in there somewhere about half way between campsites, it just takes some time to find it. I usually do the last day of fishing. Since your last day is also your first day, you should be in luck.

pickrel pat
06-27-2011, 12:23 PM
the fish are everywhere man! but if you want a sure fire method, just go to the edge of a cluster of boats and drop your jig and minnow.... its that easy.

sh0wn
06-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Any good spots to fish from shore?

rem300wsm
06-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Any good spots to fish from shore?

was up there 3 weeks ago at hillards bay been there previous years and the fishing has been WAY better maybe we were to early dont know but off the hillards bay dock you can catch them we took our 12ft fishing boat and right in front of the shore we caught them

outdoors forever
06-27-2011, 09:25 PM
The formula is simple on the west end of Lesser Slave in June and early July:

Throw line is water - catch fish! :)

Sometimes it really is that good! If you have a boat, you're laughing. Off shore, you can pretty much catch fish right from the docks. There are three public docks at Hilliards, and some at Shaws Point as well, although I'm not sure you can enter their campground just to fish offshore. No harm in asking though.

The water level is VERY high, so I'm not sure if thats affecting the fishing off the big bridge on Hwy 750 by Grouard, but everytime I drive by there, there are always people on the bridge.

GOOD LUCK!!!

sh0wn
06-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Thanks for all your help!

I hope it's that easy.

Hoyt82
06-28-2011, 10:45 AM
When are you going I will be at shaws point on Thursday for the weekend. We usually catch 30 plus fish per hr at this time of year

sh0wn
06-28-2011, 11:41 AM
I sure hope so. My son is excited about catching his first jack / pickerel

We're going to be there on Thursday / Friday / Saturday.

Probably rent the boat on Friday or Saturday.