PDA

View Full Version : beauvais Lake

gkw_93
06-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Has anyone been fishing to beauvais lake lately?

Scott N
06-27-2011, 10:16 AM
I was down there a few weeks ago. The fishing was ok, mostly the small 8 - 10" stocked rainbows, but I also managed 2 nicer sized browns. I've caught brown trout out of there before, but never 2 the same day, let alone consecutive casts! I would have thought it was the same fish except one was male, the other female.

gkw_93
06-27-2011, 12:20 PM
That sounds promising, what were you using? We intend to us our float tubes and fly fish.

Pudelpointer
06-27-2011, 12:45 PM
The lake is way over stocked with rainbows. Weeds are a huge problem in the lake as well, so it is a good thing you are bringing your floattubes.

I have not heard of anyone catching anything but tiddler rainbows, however the lake does have some good browns. If you are going to target browns I would suggest 2 things:

1) fish streamer type flies deep during the day

2) fish streamers and / or buggers tight to the weeds once the sun goes down

Fishing any insect imitating flies during the day will never get to the browns before some dinky 'bow impales itself on your hook.

Scott N
06-27-2011, 01:37 PM
That sounds promising, what were you using? We intend to us our float tubes and fly fish.

When I was out a few weeks ago I was using leach patterns most of the time. The rainbows in Beauvais aren't picky, but I seem to pick up the odd brown more often with a larger fly.

Guitarplayingfish
06-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Prepare to catch a lot more little browns, LCCfisherman and I just stocked it with 7000 frys.