PDA

View Full Version : September Lake

sco22
06-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Has anyone ever tried fishing this lake? It is Northwest of Athabasca and quite a ways back in the bush. I was up there on the weekend and made it to the lake, but it was too windy to toss a line in. Just curious if it is worth the effort of trying to get a boat in there.

Thanks.

Cheers.

Daceminnow
06-27-2011, 12:36 PM
Has anyone ever tried fishing this lake? It is Northwest of Athabasca and quite a ways back in the bush. I was up there on the weekend and made it to the lake, but it was too windy to toss a line in. Just curious if it is worth the effort of trying to get a boat in there.

Thanks.

Cheers.

been a long time since i've been in there. never fished, it was usually in the dark. i do know lots of boys in that country still, i'll see what i can find out and let you know. are you still able to get a 4wheel drive in? we used only get into there in the spring when the skeg was still frozen.

Dace

sco22
06-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks Dace. I appreciate it.

We went in on the main oil lease line as opposed to the Township road in. We got in with 2 quads, but it was tough going. Some of the pools on that road west of the main intersection at km 8 were really deep. I got my truck and camper 3 km in to a spot where I normally camp, but only by the grace of God as the road was slick. I cannot imagine even a really good 4x4 maiking it any further.

Cheers.

0liver
06-27-2011, 02:16 PM
i'd like to see you gents try and get a vehicle down to lovette lake off forestry trunk. By the grace of god is nothing, its hike in only. My suggestion is either lose the boat or portage it in with quads, theres nothing like getting stuck in the middle of nowhere and spinning tires for hours, hopelessly bottomed out in some god-awful muskeg. :sHa_shakeshout:

Daceminnow
06-27-2011, 02:29 PM
i'd like to see you gents try and get a vehicle down to lovette lake off forestry trunk. By the grace of god is nothing, its hike in only. My suggestion is either lose the boat or portage it in with quads, theres nothing like getting stuck in the middle of nowhere and spinning tires for hours, hopelessly bottomed out in some god-awful muskeg. :sHa_shakeshout:

access lovett via quad from the north. done it many times, never hiked in. the september lake "road" is a hell hole compared to the road into lovett from the south. you're not even in the same ball park Oli, sorry.

0liver
06-27-2011, 03:12 PM
the muskeg crack was at September lake. and as for lovette, I'm pretty sure its hike in only.. atleast I was under that assumption ?? Quads don't count as road access in my books. :S You could probably get anywhere if you really tried that hard with quads. But theres road access from the south into lovette? Maps + directions please, as I would love to use this road from now on !

sco22
06-27-2011, 03:20 PM
I am not sure what point you are trying to make Oliver. I only brought my truck in to get to a spot where camping overnight is a bit more away from people and not blocking the road. Yes I got stuck for a bit and got out by the grace of God or I would have been paying the Hutterites a small ransom to tow me out. . I did not say there was road access all the way in to September Lake - quite the contrary. Never been to Lovette Lake and I am not sure what that has to do with a post about September Lake.

Ennyindabenny
10-27-2013, 06:10 PM
I am also wondering if anyone know what the fishing is like in this lake. Here's a pic of the lake from Oct 26, 2013.

Ennyindabenny
11-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Anybody?