PDA

View Full Version : Jasper fishing

elk junkie
06-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi, Just wondering is anyone has fished the Jasper area and if anything is working?
Going camping with the kids and never fished there before. Any advice would be appreciated.

Dak1138
06-27-2011, 12:21 PM
I have not been there this year but last year i had some fun with pike in the athabasca river beside mile 9 lake .make sure you do not fish the lake as it is closed. read the national parks regs as well. leave your bait ,scented lures and lead tackle at home.

TyreeUM
06-27-2011, 01:25 PM
I fished the snarring two years ago this at this time and did great just north of the campground for rainbows, rockies, and bulls.

horsetrader
06-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Some nice pike in Talbout

Speckle55
06-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Maligne Lake is Hot right now lots of fish being caught..just use a small bobber and a black chironamid with a split shot non-lead just above fly about 7 feet of line and cast out.. go to the start of Rainbow Alley(shallows right side of lake to throat of home bay and past to 30 ft) and watch bobber

if Fly fisherman use a indicator and Black Chironamid(zebra)in about 10ft water in weed beds where the trout feed ..

troll your favorite fly/flatfish /spoon/rap/lake troll rubber worm/mepps.. 8 to 25 ft if in boat at slow to 3/4 electric motor Mini-Kota(Awesome Trout Fishing)

Rent a Guide for 1 day and they will teach you some tricks ..use experinced guide,s older guys..

Rockies will be at the Snaring river where it runs into Atahbasca use bell weight non-lead and your favorite fly and bottom bounce down river cast into edge of dirty water .. flys Royal Coachman/Royal Wolff/Royal Humpy/Black Nat/Yellow Cowdung etc .. check my profile for Rocky Mountain White fish pic 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 .. also had a WR line class(1986) and got 2 grand from Berkley Products promotions.. read regs.. David:)

TyreeUM
06-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Dace it's your turn...