PDA

View Full Version : Severn reservoir

trainerdave
06-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Anyone been out to Severn reservoir since they stocked the wee ones in May? Any survivors from the last couple of years? The old Severn reservoir(before they rebuilt it) had some pretty hefty fish;just wondering if the "new" Severn reservoir is rebuilding...thanks.

boot
06-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Anyone been out to Severn reservoir since they stocked the wee ones in May? Any survivors from the last couple of years? The old Severn reservoir(before they rebuilt it) had some pretty hefty fish;just wondering if the "new" Severn reservoir is rebuilding...thanks.

I'm not sure when they rebuilt or if this helps, but I caught and released a 3+ lb rainbow from Severn last summer. I'm pretty certain it wasn't brood stock. I haven't been there since...

Dust1n
06-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Iv fished there for 10 mins with a spin rod and got nothing but theres supposed to big trout

"This innocent prairie reservoir is home to some monster Rainbow trout reaching in the upwards of 10lbs. And be fore warned they know how to fight good."

ORV
06-28-2011, 04:04 PM
was out in may. there is the odd good size one. very few. i.m.o.
by good size i mean 1-1.5 lbs.
i only caught 3 total over 3 days of fishing so pretty slow for any of size.
caught a few 8 to 10 inchers.
should be good later in the fall or next year i am thinking.
that is if it isn,t fished out by then that is.

orv.

trainerdave
06-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the update-I read the stocking report and they put 14cm. fish in there in May. Could be a few months before they are worth the drive then...D.

baitfisher83
06-06-2012, 07:53 AM
Anyone been out here this season??thinking of heading there today but never been to it before

ReconWilly
06-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Anyone been out here this season??thinking of heading there today but never been to it before

Severns really slow at this time of year, the morning (SUN RISE) is the best, there IS a few monsters in there but it is best fished after the ice thaws or in the fall, worms , powerbait, shrimp or velveeta will all produce both under a bobber or on the bottom. Nice drive out there and if theres no action its only 20mns to Drumheller, you could smack some eyes...

baitfisher83
06-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Severns really slow at this time of year, the morning (SUN RISE) is the best, there IS a few monsters in there but it is best fished after the ice thaws or in the fall, worms , powerbait, shrimp or velveeta will all produce both under a bobber or on the bottom. Nice drive out there and if theres no action its only 20mns to Drumheller, you could smack some eyes...

Yeah it looks like we may have to stay closer to town, maybe one of the stocked ponds just north of here (Dewitts and such)

ReconWilly
06-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Yeah it looks like we may have to stay closer to town, maybe one of the stocked ponds just north of here (Dewitts and such)

Good luck and make sure to try Severn one day, its a decent spot during the week, i never go near places like that on a weekend...

baitfisher83
06-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Good luck and make sure to try Severn one day, its a decent spot during the week, i never go near places like that on a weekend...

I plan on trying it at some point this summer, and it will likely be a wednesday cause I never have time to fish on weekends

ReconWilly
06-06-2012, 08:52 AM
I plan on trying it at some point this summer, and it will likely be a wednesday cause I never have time to fish on weekends

Maybe i'll see ya there, Wednesdays are my favorite days to fish!! Wait a minute, what day is it today?!? i need to make afternoon physio appointments...

baitfisher83
06-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Maybe i'll see ya there, Wednesdays are my favorite days to fish!! Wait a minute, what day is it today?!? i need to make afternoon physio appointments...

any day is my favorite day, Wednesday just happens to be my day off during the week..lol

the local angler
06-06-2012, 10:27 AM
i have fished there like maybe a dozen times this year and the wind seems to be the only factor i didn't like. the little guys would keep you busy sometimes but when the wind came up the lake got really murky.